Official "1911" thread

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagon Collector
They are both pretty sweet when you can't tell which one might be which.

A violent criminal's last act of redemption should be to be proud to be shot with a nice pistol.
Right? They Are both things of beauty that run incredibly reliably but one is a carry and range gun, the other is my Sunday go to meeting gun :)

MrTuna

Former Moderator
I finally got a decent quality 1911. I picked up my new Dan Wesson Pointman 9 Friday. I'm going to be breaking her in Wednesday at CCSP where I can break it down every 50 rounds as per the manual. It seems very tight and well fitted. I will report back with a range report.

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

808g19

Responsible 413 ('',)
[MENTION=102]glennc[/MENTION] [MENTION=15847]Danrunner[/MENTION], I was lucky on this one. Was less than $440 out the door. Standard Rock MS model

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

steve

Obsessed Member
[MENTION=102]glennc[/MENTION] [MENTION=15847]Danrunner[/MENTION], I was lucky on this one. Was less than $440 out the door. Standard Rock MS model

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
My wife has one of those in 9mm. She competes with it. She and it shoot like a champ. Enjoy it.

Svt4me

Obsessed Member
Have an STI Trojan and its run like a champ. Not a single issue. Even used it at a few IDPA competitions and it worked pretty good except for capacity. B

808g19

Responsible 413 ('',)
My RIA1911 MS tactical slide 45acp. Slide purchased on ebay. I had to file to fit the slide to clear the ejector.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Gunhand

Firearms Instructor
The first one is my Colt Combat Commander that started out life as a satin nickel finish. It belonged to Stembridge Arms, the famous movie gun company in Los Angeles. It was stolen many years ago, and recovered in 2013. It was sold to Long Mountain Outfitters, and I purchased it from them. It was a total mess absolutely FULL of fingerprint powder from the recovering police department. (Wow the tale this gun could tell!) I then took it to gunsmith Matt Babb, and he did the makeover on it, and it's one of my favorite carry guns.

The second is a lightweight Colt Government XSE model that I got off Backpage. I gave it to Matt at Tier 1 Gunsmithing, and he did an awesome makeover. Installed Trijicon HD night sights, and cerakote paint. I added the VZ Grips to really set it off. It runs as good as it looks.

Attachments