• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Official AR-15 Picture Thread!

Zzyzx

Stranger Danger

I had to add the Wilson Combat oversized bolt release paddle because their bolt release was so sharp, I split my hand open during a course.

EriccCartmann

would it be illegal if we add other black guns to this thread? will you guys send obama to come arrest me if i do?

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Administrator
would it be illegal if we add other black guns to this thread? will you guys send obama to come arrest me if i do?
i think a "picture" sub forum is in the works...that way Obama can sit on the site all day and see all the toys we have.

AnakinsKid

No, you're not my father.
Forum Supporter
Ok, it's time I add my evil blackness.

Rock River Arms Varmint A4 w/ 18" barrel. I'm glad I didn't go with the 24". This thing's heavy. The lower is also RRA, but had a different upper when I bought it. It was a jam-o-matic, so I sold the upper. I just got this upper in yesterday, after 12 weeks of waiting. I'm ordering the A2 stock and buffer tube from RRA so it matches the varmint guns they assemble in house. I only shoot with the stock fully extended anyways.

The scope is a Simmons 6-24X50 Prairie Master. I need to get to the range and sight it in. I took it out to the desert last night to make sure it fires, and the scope seemed pretty close for close up stuff. RRA says it's good for .75MOA, but that's probably beyond my shooting ability for now. We'll see.

Here's the gun with the old upper on it.

Last edited:

Zzyzx

Stranger Danger
AnakinsKid,
If you get a heavier stock, the rifle will feel lighter overall. It'll balance the back so it won't feel so front heavy.

The one thing I kick myself over is not getting the tan back up iron sights. My SBR started its life sinister black. The front iron sight still needs a tritium dot in it.
I'm also considering an oversized magwell that bolts on. Also a slightly oversized magazine release.

I mounted the Lasermax red uni-max laser at 6 o'clock and routed it's 10" tape switch to the forward vertical grip. I then wrapped the forward vertical grip in paracord. Squeeze the grip, and laser activates. I use the laser for when I lean out around a barrier. I don't have to get behind the rifle and look down the sights/scope. The green laser model they offer is a joke. Barely any runtime and it doesn't deal with our desert heat very well...

AnakinsKid

No, you're not my father.
Forum Supporter
AnakinsKid,
If you get a heavier stock, the rifle will feel lighter overall. It'll balance the back so it won't feel so front heavy.
That's what I've been thinking. I already ordered the A2 stock kit from RRA. I'll keep the current stock for a build. I just need to order a lower to put it on.

Zzyzx

Stranger Danger
Does anyone have any lowers in stock anymore? Or did the Obamanation run clean them out coast to coast?

If I was buying a lower right now, I'd be after this one:
http://www.tacticalinc.com/t15bdx-billet-deluxe-billet-machined-ar15-lower-receiver-p-1082.html

It actually has more features than my SMOS, and is cheaper than mine was back in January. The captured detent hole is really nice. Hell, in 2000, I paid 5 dollars less than that for a post ban small pin Colt stripped lower receiver.

Their forged units look nice too.

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Administrator
AR parts will be in short supply and high demand for some time.

All of these posted pictures are weapons of war and do no belong on streets. As an Obama surrogate, i request compliance to his desire to have these guns taken off the streets and given to me as soon as possible for proper disposal. Kapeesh?