• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Official AR-15 Picture Thread!

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
Nothing fancy and just a cell phone pic, but it's my newest. Just sighted in the optic then threw it in the dirt for a pic before I packed it up. I don't have much experience with rifles, just looked at what I wish was better about my first (an M&P Sport) and tried to include it all on this one. Not crazy about the switch that came with the light, but it works for now. I think I've got this thing dialed in where I want.

BCM 14.5", EOTech XPS2-2, Streamlight 88058

View attachment 44091

View attachment 44092
Very nice setup.

okdonk

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Bro, what kind of M lok handguard and gas block did you use in this high end AR15?
So sorry for the very very late reply. I was basically inactive for a very long time.
It is BCM MCMR rail and Superlative Arms adjustable gas block

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
So here's my 2 latest

1. Aero Precision .308 all Areo, except the grip, stock and muzzle brake. Scope is a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44.

IMG_20200320_195847958~2.jpg

2. Cheap GunBroker 7.5" kit picked it up for $249. Added BCM trigger group, Ergo Grip,
SBT3 brace. A2 style sights.

IMG_20200320_195824446~2.jpg

DeanD

Summerlin
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Another one in .22. Early Colt M-16 upper with matching GI chromed slick-side BCG. Colt M-16A1 barrel in 1:7 twist, made for the Israeli's to re-barrel their A1's. Just a lightweight, perfectly balanced rifle. Bought these parts 20-25 years ago, very hard to find today. It's on an Armalite A2 lower.

Last edited:

DeanD

Summerlin
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Agree on the A1 grip and the 20's are so handy, could put one in your shirt pocket. haha Only problem is the other guy had 10 more. LOL

DeanD

Summerlin
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
My "Coronavirus Carbine". I have been busy working on my guns and built a few AR's while closed in. I prefer the A1 rear sight setup (once you zero it for M855 why the hell would you ever change it? This isn't a target rifle for pete's sake!), don't have a lot of use for rails and hanging s**t all over my defensive weapon. I like the clean configuration, light weight, good balance, great handling characteristics. Stock is from M&A but I replaced the latch pin mechanism with the "correct" part, otherwise very good stock. Bushmaster 1:9 twist chrome-lined barrel, Fulton Armory upper, GI sight. This one is akin to the Desert Storm Delta Force carbines. Not much left to do on this one, probably pick up an A1 grip for it.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
My current go-to for general use.

2-stamp SBR
  • 12.5" BA barrel
  • Aero M4E1 upper/rail
  • Superlative adjustable block
  • CMC 4.5# FCG (my go-to for any single-stage build)
  • VCOG on BoBro/Trij QD mount (Had been running a TA31 ACOG until a few months back, really liking this. Improvement at both short and longer (400Y+) performance)
  • SiCo Chimera (its shared among several other rifles, but it 'lives' here)

VCOG2_BLK_sml (2).jpg