Official XD Thread

Isn't xd 4" too big for CC? I guess if you're a bigger dude then it'll be fine...
Thats the problem I weigh about 140lbs. I carry the 4 inch XD as often as I can but tend to print with it. Looking for something that will not print as much. Every time I order a holster that is supposed to be deep conceal it really isn't. Just don't want to waste any more money.

I will look into the kholster products

Thanks

glennc

American Patriot
Isn't xd 4" too big for CC? I guess if you're a bigger dude then it'll be fine...
I'm 5'10" 185 lbs. and have trouble cc my XD 4".
I was surprised when a female friend of mine who works at Wallyworld asked "Do you have a gun under your shirt?" I instantly thought "Cosco"
I told her everything was cool, then quickly left the store. Gotta be more careful next time.
I usually leave my XD in the car, but rode my motorcycle that day so I had no option.

Last edited:

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
Thats the problem I weigh about 140lbs. I carry the 4 inch XD as often as I can but tend to print with it. Looking for something that will not print as much. Every time I order a holster that is supposed to be deep conceal it really isn't. Just don't want to waste any more money.

I will look into the kholster products

Thanks
If you want deep concealment then take a look at the SmartCarry. You wear the crotchpocket underneath your pants. I use this method year-round, but especially in summer. It may take some "adjustment" to find the most comfortable way to SmartCarry but for environments that require a lot of discretion this is the way to go, at least for me. I've never been made. And I carry the XDM (big gun) and sometimes the SIG in the crotchpocket. Again, may not be for everyone. Body-type plays a big role, as it does in any carry method. I am 5' 10" 175 lbs.

PS: check your PMs regarding the AA. Just my opinion, the AA is not really considered "deep" conceal as the gun grip rides above your trouser tops. A big grip like the XDM will print, so wear either a printed shirt in summer or hoodie w/ a front pouch in winter.

Thanks for the PM. I have used the "gunderware" before and wasn't real happy with it. I guess I need to explore carrying a different gun. I carry the glock 26 and HK P2000sk but wanted a bigger gun for carry. I guess I gotta try to carry compacts. Like the glock 19 or something

Mikes_Z06_vette

Mathew 5:9
Forum Supporter
Thanks for the PM. I have used the "gunderware" before and wasn't real happy with it. I guess I need to explore carrying a different gun. I carry the glock 26 and HK P2000sk but wanted a bigger gun for carry. I guess I gotta try to carry compacts. Like the glock 19 or something
I used to have a glock 27 and that gun is perfect fo CC I can slide it in my jeans front pocket and it's concealed good. 40sw 13rds is more than enough to wipe out a group of thugs at 3 rounds a piece. No experience with the XDSC yet but it's only 3" i think that's perfect.

If somebody ask me if I carry a gun, I tell them politely that I do and show them my CCW license and if it's ok with them, I'll stay if not I'll leave. If they don't want me
In their store, then I'll take my business somewhere else.

Last edited:

PERRYN0ID

Shoots nice too! I am looking for a good holster though.....I wish Blackhawk would hurry up and make their serpa tactical holsters for more weapons!

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
Ok so I need to find a really good IWB holster for my 4 inch XD. I don't have a lot of "real estate" to carry so I need a deep carry. Any recommendations?
I use a KD Holster and really like them. Works good for my XDm 9. I carry it all the time and have only been spotted once by a co-worker. :)

Mikes_Z06_vette

Forum Supporter
Ok so I was tried to buy the XD9 last week but I was 5mins too late from the 1800 cut off time. Then now I was browsing around and saw the XDM9 and the XDTactical and now I'm undecided which one to get. I'm trying to get a more accurate hand gun for plinking. My Glock23's been letting me down for a while now and it's time to try a different hand gun...

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
Ok so I was tried to buy the XD9 last week but I was 5mins too late from the 1800 cut off time. Then now I was browsing around and saw the XDM9 and the XDTactical and now I'm undecided which one to get. I'm trying to get a more accurate hand gun for plinking. My Glock23's been letting me down for a while now and it's time to try a different hand gun...
Welcome to the better team :D

I LOVE my XDm 9. My wife LOVES hers and for her to say that it has to be good, lol. Best bet is to go on over to New Frontier and check them out. I don't work there but the people in my office joke that I do since I am always plugging them, lol.

The XD is a very nice gun. I have shot the 40 and 45 and I do like it but I went for the XDm. I personally preferred the grip and liked that it is a match grade barrel. You can also shoot the +P and +P+ in it though they do not recommend it as a main diet.

PLUS right now you get 3 extra mags! :) Have you shot the XDm 9 yet?

Mikes_Z06_vette

Forum Supporter
No I haven't shot the XD yet. If I can hold a 12" group on my Glock23 at 25y I'm very confident that I would do way better on XD (haa! Easy on me glock aficionados) I will continue to CC my glock but I just can't hold my group after shooting over 300+ rounds out on the range.

I LOVE my XDm 9. My wife LOVES hers and for her to say that it has to be good, lol. Best bet is to go on over to New Frontier and check them out. I don't work there but the people in my office joke that I do since I am always plugging them, lol.

The XD is a very nice gun. I have shot the 40 and 45 and I do like it but I went for the XDm. I personally preferred the grip and liked that it is a match grade barrel. You can also shoot the +P and +P+ in it though they do not recommend it as a main diet.

PLUS right now you get 3 extra mags! :) Have you shot the XDm 9 yet?

Mikes_Z06_vette

Forum Supporter
I got one finally!!! and told the wife that I bought it for her :D win, win situation :D :2guns:

Hmmm... I think I'm gonna buy her an M99A1 for Christmas, ladies love big gifts :D

plstu

The Undertaker
Forum Supporter
President Mike, I DARE you to post what you said about the Glock on the Glock posting... CHICKEN! LOL. I would LOVE to follow THAT conversation. Are you sure you are not that golfer that keeps blaming wis clubs? HaHA. Nice gun bro, enjoy.

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member

I LOVE my XDm 9. My wife LOVES hers and for her to say that it has to be good, lol. Best bet is to go on over to New Frontier and check them out. PLUS right now you get 3 extra mags! :) Have you shot the XDm 9 yet?
I have Glock 19 and 23. They have been next to perfect for reliability but they aren't built to be extremely accurate. My wife's XDM9 really suprised me how when I shot it my groups tightened up a bunch. I don't know if it is barrel and trigger or if it is because of the ergos and angle of the grip. Either way it shoots great.