• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Oops, I did it again.

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
A 3 1911 month.
Stopped by the LGS to buy a couple magazines.
They had just taken this in from someone.
S.A.M., CIA import, 45 Commander with Kimber grips.
Cleaning and lubing showed very little wear, just a lot of oil everywhere.

IMG_20191227_183911249.jpg

Last edited:

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Actually, nothing wrong with Armscor. I've owned quite a few, and still have 2.

I had these on my Rock stainless. Delta Elite grips with AP .45 bases, perfect fit.

1911 grip 1.jpg

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Actually, nothing wrong with Armscor. I've owned quite a few, and still have 2.
I still have 3, FS & CCO in 9mm and a CS in 45

Welp, stripping it down really good today I found out it's not Armscor, it's a S.A.M. (covered by the grips) Commodore ... Still made in the Philippines. Does have grip bushings, guess the early ones didn't. The slide stop was bent, so it's in the trash, had a extra one that fit. Changed out the guide rod for a bit longer stainless one.
Added a magwell and G10 grips.
I think it'll make a good range gun.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I still have 3, FS & CCO in 9mm and a CS in 45

Welp, stripping it down really good today I found out it's not Armscor, it's a S.A.M. (covered by the grips) Commodore ... Still made in the Philippines. Does have grip bushings, guess the early ones didn't. The slide stop was bent, so it's in the trash, had a extra one that fit. Changed out the guide rod for a bit longer stainless one.
Added a magwell and G10 grips.
I think it'll make a good range gun.
So how do I talk out of those takeoff grips for my Kimber 9mm? :)

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
So today I hit the range with this gun.
Had the one 8 round magazine it came with and 10 8 round Wilson Combat magazines.
Found out the slide catch I replaced the bent one with didn't lock the slide back on the last round. I'm thinking it was for a 9mm, when I got home I changed it to another one and the problem send solved. Other than that I had 3 FTF. Shot POA at 7 yards which I was surprised, most rounds fit within a 8" circle with a few fliers.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
So today I hit the range with this gun.
Had the one 8 round magazine it came with and 10 8 round Wilson Combat magazines.
Found out the slide catch I replaced the bent one with didn't lock the slide back on the last round. I'm thinking it was for a 9mm, when I got home I changed it to another one and the problem send solved. Other than that I had 3 FTF. Shot POA at 7 yards which I was surprised, most rounds fit within a 8" circle with a few fliers.
FTF? Feed or fire?

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Didn't feed into the chamber.
Went right in after pulling back on the slide and letting it go. Thinking maybe the recoil spring needs replaced, doesn't take much to pull the slide back.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Good cleaning. And a ramp and chamber polish never hurts.

A Wilson spring kit won't hurt. You don't know the quality of springs you have in there now.

Or come out to Pahrump and we can swap parts to try to find the problem. :)

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Good cleaning. And a ramp and chamber polish never hurts.

A Wilson spring kit won't hurt. You don't know the quality of springs you have in there now.

Or come out to Pahrump and we can swap parts to try to find the problem. :)
It's had a good cleaning. I'm thinking most springs are original. I've got some parts coming that should help.