• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Opinions on “Ghost Chairs”

Bonez

Maybe I should drop a deuce at my spot in line, nobody will go near it, nobody will kick it or move it, and nobody other than me would be willing to claim it.

Ghost Turds. I could be on to something here.
You’re definitely on something, what that is remains to be seen though :p

Mr. B

Curmudgeon In Training
If you wait in line for too long, you will need to go to the bathroom. This is why you need to bring a friend.

No friend? Then I guess you can ask, or offer to pay, the guy/gal behind you to hold your place.

As far as I'm concerned, your "ghost chair" is worth as little as your "ghost buddy" that you will be "buying for" so that you can buy two of an item with a "one per customer, per day" limit.

At what point do you skip the hassle of "flipping' the ammo, and just sell your place in line?

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
If you wait in line for too long, you will need to go to the bathroom. This is why you need to bring a friend.

No friend? Then I guess you can ask, or offer to pay, the guy/gal behind you to hold your place.

As far as I'm concerned, your "ghost chair" is worth as little as your "ghost buddy" that you will be "buying for" so that you can buy two of an item with a "one per customer, per day" limit.

At what point do you skip the hassle of "flipping' the ammo, and just sell your place in line?
Lol. Offering me money to save your spot. "$20"

Give $5 to the guy ahead of and behind you.

Spot leaver comes back "sorry, I've never seen you in my life, neither have these guys"

On bass pro days I’ve heard people offering to buys spots in line. Or buy for the person behind them to make sure what they get.

Grumpyoldretiredcop

Grumpiness incarnate!
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
No butt in the chair? Then I wouldn't care. Boot it to the back of the line... or the middle of the parking lot.

If they had a chair waiting to put in line it likely means they came there from the start with the intent of not actually waiting in line. I had someone try to do something similar in a grocery story once. I walked past the cart and started to check out. Right as I was 75% done checking out they came back and tried to start a fight claiming I cut them in the line.

If they had a chair waiting to put in line it likely means they came there from the start with the intent of not actually waiting in line. I had someone try to do something similar in a grocery story once. I walked past the cart and started to check out. Right as I was 75% done checking out they came back and tried to start a fight claiming I cut them in the line.
unfortunately that’s how it is. I know the second it happens some of the people will hop out their car and say something but they can’t speak for the people leaving to go get coffee and breakfast. Maybe I’ll get their early and give a grace period for anybody to return lol.