Optic for 300 Blk Deer Hunting Rifle?

Hey y’all. I’m building a 16’ 300 Blk for mule deer. Need suggestion for an optic. I’d be in southern Utah so wouldn’t be shots farther than 170ish yards.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Budget is the biggest factor in optics. You get what you pay for, especially in hunting conditions of low-light and weather. How much are you willing to spend?

I like low power options. Maybe look into a 1-6X or something like that. They are available in all the price points because they became favorites with the tactical competition crowd.

Do not use a Trijicon ACOG Reflex. I used one for a .300 Blackout rifle on a whitetail hunt in Texas. I didn't have my shot until the end of the day in the fading light. I could see the deer UNTIL I looked through the sight. The glass took away what little light I had left and all I could see was the amber triangle. I had to raise and lower the rifle several times until I was sure that I was going to put that amber triangle where the deer WAS before I raised the rifle. It worked, and the Nosler 125-gr Ballistic Tip did its thing.

The next trip I used my M14 with the peep sights. Ha!

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I have a vortex 1-8x24 30mm on mine and love it.
They make a 1-6, mines probably a overkill, but I had it on my PSA 308 until I bought a new optic for that