• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

P64 Magazine problems

johnthomas

Henderson
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
I tried shooting my new to me p64. One round gets stuck halfway in the chamber, second round is pushing the first one up. If I load one round in the magazine and rack it, it shoots fine. I saw the problem and fix on youtube. The magazines in the video were from keep shooting and I suspect the ones with the gun came from the same place. The feed lips are a tad to long. The fix was to lay a factory mag on the new mags and trace what needs to be ground off. Does anyone have a factory mag for sale? The gun in the vid said the mags fit in newer guns but won't work right in older ones unless the feed lips are cut down.

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Don't have a P64, but my vague cobweb filled memory says the difference in length of the feed lips between the long and short versions was .125 inch aka 1/8' or a hair over 3 mm (3.175 if you want to be picky, might go as high as 3.5mm).
One could grind it back a hair, try it, lather , rinse, repeat until it works , if you can't find a short lipped magazine to compare it too. Just be sure to grind the lips evenly on both sides and don't leave any burrs on the inside or the outside of the mag tube.

johnthomas

Henderson
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Thank you, I ordered an original one after I posted. The guy I bought the gun from on here never said a word about problems with it. I tried several times with both magazines and got the same result.