• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Pahrump Wal Mart

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Has signs up in the sporting goods department that say " As of March 6th 2018, Wal Mart will no longer sell rifles, shotguns, or ammunition to anyone under the age of 21" .

Hmm wonder how long it will be before we see the first age discrimination law suit filed against them.

And for the first time in months the shelves were almost empty of ammunition. There was only 1 box each of the 100 round packs of 12 gauge and 20 gauge. A week ago they had several dozen of each out.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Walmart sucks because it's anti union and treats their employees like crap. Next, Walmart hurts America by hurt the little mom and pop operations. The upside is now the consumption can go back to the smallest stores and spend their money there.

I know most of you love Walmart, but if you shop there, you are part of this problem-

https://www.forbes.com/sites/clareo...t-taxpayers-6-2-billion-in-public-assistance/
Anti union isn't necessarily a bad thing. In many ways, its quite the opposite, IMO.

However it does hurt small businesses, as does Amazon and the like. It is what it is though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

geo

Obsessed Member
Staff member
heh I knew a panic was coming, Last week I picked up a load of ammo from there with some cash I had set aside. I doubt I was the only one who emptied the cases, but I did my part.

FWIW 2 summers ago as a part time job I worked in that very Walmart, I was paid pretty darn decently and was treated great, now granted I only worked there for 5 months but still..

Anti union isn't necessarily a bad thing. In many ways, its quite the opposite, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Anti union Walmart is costing you the taxpayer over 6.2 billion a year in public assistance to their employees. If they were union, they would bargain for better wages and got the taxpayers assistance.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Anti union Walmart is costing you the taxpayer over 6.2 billion a year in public assistance to their employees. If they were union, they would bargain for better wages and got the taxpayers assistance.
That is one argument, although the $6.2B likely comes from a union... But on the other side of that argument is we pay lower prices instead of paying for their union "benefits".

My wife had a job where they nearly forced her into a union. It was a competitor of Walmart and for a couple hundred a month she got $hitty insurance we had to pay for; and a newsletter touting Democrats. No thank you.

But to each their own.

By the way, the "mom and pop" stores generally do not offer superior pay or benefits than Walmart offers - nor the chance of advancement. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about small business (I have one) but employee benefits is not a viable argument IMO.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
Starting pay for all Walmart employees was recently raised to $15 an hour.
Starting pay at Smith's is $15.30 an hour for a cashier and much less for a courtesy clerk. Then the Union takes a chunk. So, it would seem that the union store would have more employees per capita eligible for govt benefits.
The health plan at the stores ain't what it used to be, either.

Also, by the time they walk the line a couple of weeks for picket pay...for that .30 an hour.....

Ricci

uber Member
Forum Supporter
Get ready for another ammo shortage. :frown2:
Trust me, I'm ready this time. I saved a bunch of 10"x4' pallets that my bronze and german silver sheets are delivered on for manufacturing and have them stacked with .45 and 9mm in my office at work. That is all overflow from what I can't keep at home. I was able to fit all my .22lr mini mags in our daughter's old bedroom closet. They stack nicely on there own.

That is one argument, although the $6.2B likely comes from a union... But on the other side of that argument is we pay lower prices instead of paying for their union "benefits".
Wish you would have atleast checked the article, it was NOT from a union, it was from Forbes magazine.Walmert makes up for their low wages and lack or benefits by steering their employees over to the public assistance areas locally. This is not something new or a secret.

My wife had a job where they nearly forced her into a union. It was a competitor of Walmart and for a couple hundred a month she got $hitty insurance we had to pay for; and a newsletter touting Democrats. No thank you.
But "nearly forced" is not forced at all. So they didnt really force anything, correct?

By the way, the "mom and pop" stores generally do not offer superior pay or benefits than Walmart offers - nor the chance of advancement. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about small business (I have one) but employee benefits is not a viable argument IMO.
I disagree. Mom and Pop stores are not hurting America and give their employees are real start in life instead of steering them to taxpayer funded public assistance costing us 6.2B+ a year.

And please dont ban me, I am just discussing the issue here, not fighting. Thank you

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Wish you would have atleast checked the article, it was NOT from a union, it was from Forbes magazine.Walmert makes up for their low wages and lack or benefits by steering their employees over to the public assistance areas locally. This is not something new or a secret.
I didn't say it was new or a secret. I was calling out the legitimacy of the figure in 4 year old article. "Assistance" is subjective. For example, if you call the fire department, then you are getting government assistance. :thumbsup:

But "nearly forced" is not forced at all. So they didnt really force anything, correct?
Not exactly. HR says, "these are the forms you have to fill out." Makes it sound mandatory and she did what she was told. I guess it varies based on what degree on considers "forced". I can see her point. When you are filling out paperwork for a job, you expect that you are required to do what you are told and she was told to fill out the employment packet.

Luckily with her new job she was able take the packet home and say :dita: to the union!

I disagree. Mom and Pop stores are not hurting America and give their employees are real start in life instead of steering them to taxpayer funded public assistance costing us 6.2B+ a year.
How so? Mom and Pop stores, which are nearly extinct, didn't really tend to offer benefits or pay any different than any other employer working for the same skill set.

And please dont ban me, I am just discussing the issue here, not fighting. Thank you
Here are the Rules. If you are violating one I missed it.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
FWIW you are correct in that I did not read the link as Forbes' ****ty site wants one to disable Adblockers to view the article. However, I did view the cached article from 2014 moments ago. This is all I need to know about the data:
Americans for Tax Fairness, a coalition of 400 national and state-level progressive groups, made this estimate using data from a 2013 study by Democratic Staff of the U.S. Committee on Education and the Workforce.
Partisan "alternative facts" don't hold a lot of water.

(No it's not personal and yes, Walmart sucks. They are almost as bad as the Unions!! :001_cool:)

teammazza

shooter
Forum Supporter
Most corporations are anti-gun. Every shooting they will scale back guns and ammo until it's gone. That's why supporting your local gun shop is so important. They will always have gun owners backs.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Just curious, why are unions so bad? Have you ever been a member of a union? Have you ever seen them operate?
Unions are frequently an imperfect solution to when both management and labor cannot be adults with one another. Then the union becomes a self fulfilling prophecy to justify their existence to the workers that are paying dues. In a perfect world there would never be the need for labor to unionize.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Most unions anymore are a joke. Like any business, the union is there to make money, at all costs.
Always opted out of the union bull(crap).

Ka Lbo

Forum Supporter
Most unions anymore are a joke. Like any business, the union is there to make money, at all costs.
Always opted out of the union bull(crap).
Decades ago the unions had a vital role. These days, if I were still working, I'd have no use for unions. To the contrary, Unions "use" their members, perpetuate their own burearacracy, waste money, ruin businesses with spoiled antics that hamper productivity and protect crappy employees, and commonly support politicians I'd never give money to , let alone vote for the slime balls.

Yes I have been forced to be in a union. Yes I don't like they way they hamper productivity. Unions are an unnecessary added cost to goods and services.

totenschadel

Forum Supporter
Decades ago the unions had a vital role. These days, if I were still working, I'd have no use for unions. To the contrary, Unions "use" their members, perpetuate their own burearacracy, waste money, ruin businesses with spoiled antics that hamper productivity and protect crappy employees, and commonly support politicians I'd never give money to , let alone vote for the slime balls.

Yes I have been forced to be in a union. Yes I don't like they way they hamper productivity. Unions are an unnecessary added cost to goods and services.
Spot on from a former union member!