• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Panic buying has created another Ammo Shortage - prices are going up!

Ka Lbo

Nut case
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
NO BIG DEAL, IMO.

Many NEW gun owners, or so I've read. Gun and ammo sales support the economy. Jobs to replenish guns and ammo sold.

Prices will come back down in a few months.

Cirdan

Well-known member (45 ACP)
I was surprised. Sportsmans Warehouse has capped purchases to counter the hoarding. Not sure if it's all the new guns people are buying, or we're back to panic buys.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
It's good to be a re-loader, I'm not contributing to the run on factory Ammo

pc911lv

Sith Lord
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Don’t you love walking into your gun room and seeing that familiar blue tower of metal mounted to your bench, alleviating all those worries. Both me and my wife’s favorite colors are blue.
her- Tiffany Blue
me- Dillon blue

usmcnye

Aim Small Miss Small
NO BIG DEAL, IMO.

Many NEW gun owners, or so I've read. Gun and ammo sales support the economy. Jobs to replenish guns and ammo sold.

Prices will come back down in a few months.
It was not that long-ago when the lack of primer and powder availability, to include some types of ammunition, seemed to be a long-term reality; I hope this does not become the new normal again.

Last edited:

Ka Lbo

Nut case
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
It was not that long-ago when the lack of primer and powder availability seemed to be a normal way of life; I hope this does not last, and becomes the new normal again.
It will. A few months, my uneducated guess. Quite happy for gun and ammo manufactures. Same for stores that sell guns and ammo.

AND, piss on Walmart, dickheads and any other store that cut back on guns and ammo. Missed out on mega profits.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Don’t you love walking into your gun room and seeing that familiar blue tower of metal mounted to your bench, alleviating all those worries.
My familiar tower is RED! But Yes, other than that, I get the same feeling ;)