• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pheztivus for the Restivus!

markerdown

Vires quod Veneratio
Did a pre-Christmas hunt in Utah this weekend with Goose from the NV Hunters site. My GSP was in top form, found 10 birds and we nailed 9. He tore thru the fields like the blitzkrieg thru Poland.

The one that got away wasn't a safe shot so none was taken. The weather was outstanding, mid 50's sunny, and clear. We had a blast..............markerdown

Me, SgtMaj and my 4 birds

Goose, Abbey and his 5 birds

markerdown

Vires quod Veneratio
We were on the back 40 of BCR. It's a great place for hunts, the dogs love it, and it's not far from vegas ..................markerdown

iweb

Ham Radio Operator
Forum Supporter
Nice pics and nice hunting dogs!

Where is the back side of BCR and how much is out of state hunting?

anARtoo

Big Cottonwood Ranch in southern UT. About 23 miles NW of Mesquite........................markerdown
Thanks, markerdown. I have been doing quite a bit of looking online for a place to go with my new dog. I never saw a listing for this place. It looks like a great place to try. I really appreciate it! Thanks.

anARtoo

Hey markerdown, I really appreciate the info on this place. I called them today and booked a hunt for this Thursday. I can't wait to see how well my dog does. Hopefully I won't embarrass her too bad. Ha! :wink:

markerdown

Vires quod Veneratio
Dang, I would have went with you if you needed a partner. Your dog will do fine. Take your time and just shoot straight :) work the field in rows, and be ready. Birds will be everywhere. Leave your house at 6am. No need to rush. They'll be ready for you when you get there.

Just go up I-15, past mesquite, take the littlefield exit, turn left at the end of the off ramp. Thats old 91

The turn off old 91 is a ways up. Watch out for the speed trap and do the speed limit. Once you get to the mountain pass area, the turn will be on your left. It's about 10 miles down the dirt road. Follow the signs, stay straight and always bear left at any fork. Don't forget to bring cash, a small cooler w/ice for your birds and a camera!

I'm definetly going to book another hunt around end of Jan.

Good hunting, it's a lot of fun.......................markerdown

Last edited:

anARtoo

Dang, I would have went with you if you needed a partner. Your dog will do fine. Take your time and just shoot straight :) work the field in rows, and be ready. Birds will be everywhere. Leave your house at 6am. No need to rush. They'll be ready for you when you get there.

The turn off old 91 is a ways up. Watch out for the speed trap and do the speed limit. Once you get to the mountain pass area, the turn will be on your left. It's about 10 miles down the dirt road. Follow the signs, stay straight and always bear left at any fork. Don't forget to bring cash, a small cooler w/ice for your birds and a camera!

I'm definetly going to book another hunt around end of Jan.

Good hunting, it's a lot of fun.......................markerdown
Hey markerdown, I would much prefer to have someone to go with. I'm not locked into that day either if another would be better for you. We can even go in my vehicle. If you would like to team up on some birds let me know and I will call them back tomorrow and make whatever adjustments I need to. It's always more fun to hunt with someone else. I just need to get this dog out before she goes crazy. She can't understand why I won't let her off the leash to go after the birds in the neighborhood.