• URGENT! Help STOP the UNCONSTITUTIONAL Red Flag Law AB291!
    CLICK HERE for details!

please remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
IMO, from what I've seen on this forum over the last 10 years:
If you are in Vegas, guns sell faster than in rural areas or northen nevada. About 2/3 of the users are in Clark county.
The S&W plastic guns don't have the following of say, Glock.
Revolvers, in general, don't have a huge following outside of older folks.

Finally, gun sales, or at least prices, are pretty soft right now.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
IS THE MARKET FOR SMITH AND WESSON HANDGUNS THAT BAD AROUND HERE OR ARE WE JUST CHEAP?
First, that is a false dichotomy. So what's really the issue? Are you selling some that aren't selling? Give us the data that you are looking at so we can all be on the same page.

Location, price, needless or intrusive paperwork, and other factors apply. Your post at this point is just a rant that doesn't actually look like it wants a discussion. THE ALL CAP YELLING DOESN'T HELP. It also makes posts slower to read.

There are many members here looking for quality Smith & Wesson handguns, and can afford them. Interestingly, the next two guys in the thread after you have been involved in a S&W sale on this forum.

Last edited:

totenschadel

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Interestingly, the next two guys in the thread after you have been involved in a S&W revolver sale on this forum.
Make that three.. have you taken an objective look at the market as a whole? Have you researched the losses most of the manufacturers are coping with compared to the Obama years? For gods sake AR15's at $450 and 22LR can be had for 4 cents per round! Lots of good stuff for the buyers these days.

Last edited:

SeegarSmoker

Prefers Wheelguns
To be blunt, you're not going to get top dollar collector nationwide prices locally. Go to Gunbroker if that's the goal. I've bought and sold a number of Smith & Wessons locally and have had no problem, but I try to keep my expectations realistic. I know up front I'm not going to get top dollar when selling local. But neither am I going to pay top dollar when buying. It is what it is. Guns are like anything else. They're worth exaxctly what a buyer will pay, not necessarily what we'd like to get.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
Last gun I acquired was a S&W. Also have one for sale and if I get a few accessories I might put another one up for sale soon.

IS THE MARKET FOR SMITH AND WESSON HANDGUNS THAT BAD AROUND HERE OR ARE WE JUST CHEAP?

IMHO, the fact that you are in Pahrump, and your asking prices are "top dollar" has a lot to do with it.

If you are serious about selling them, lower your prices $50-100, and offer to drive to the bottom of the hill/ outskirts of Vegas to meet a buyer. Would only do that for forum members that have several positive reviews on our marketplace.

GLWS.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
imho. i'd say your prices are high for your market. but that's just me. i could be wrong. 980 for a scandium 1911, is just high unless you are a buyer looking for a specific item.

i wouldn't post that in your FS threads, but you did start this one and ask. that said, i am not a high end buyer. someone may find it reasonably priced, but apparently no one looking here.

maybe one of the internet sites, but that has it's own headaches. as joe noted, just drop the price if you wish, and maybe someone will get interested at the right level.

you could also try consignment. again, that has it's own issues.

glws

The market is soft and has been for a couple of years, S&W Revolvers are a specialty item. Those that buy them are a small percentage of the gun buying market and are expensive compared to the plastic guns. You may want to try the S&W forum to sell your's.

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
IMO, from what I've seen on this forum over the last 10 years:
If you are in Vegas, guns sell faster than in rural areas or northen nevada. About 2/3 of the users are in Clark county.
The S&W plastic guns don't have the following of say, Glock.
Revolvers, in general, don't have a huge following outside of older folks.

Finally, gun sales, or at least prices, are pretty soft right now.
Watch it boss, you ain't getting any younger ya know! Keep pickin on us old folks and one of us just might be able to lift his walker high enough to whack you with it, or run over you with our souped up motorized wheel chair, thus ensuring either way you don't get any older! :devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.