• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pocket Holsters, what's your go to?

flashpan

Lurking Member
So I recently acquired a Glock 26 gen 4.
It's been one of my wanna have guns.

I normally carry iwb single stack guns. I've never been 100% happy, either it conceals or is uncomfortable for long times.

With my new baby glock I went and got a 5.11 holster shirt. It is very comfortable. A little printing when standing up.
After wearing for a few days I definitely had to wash it. Now I was thinking."Great, i gotta 5 shirts"

So i went to my holster bin and was scrounging around looking for something else. While i was rummaging i put my glock in my front pocket. After a bit the light bulb hit! This is easy and comfortable. I can place my hand on the weapon without drawing attention. Hmm....

So i think i wanna try pocket carry!

I'm a bigger guy, i wear carhart pants, big front pockets. I have been looking at different holsters to fit the bill. Save me from buying 6 different holsters!
On my list of needs would be:
Retention of gun
Gun doesn't fall out if I fall down
Cover trigger and mag release
Pull pistol free
Accommodate grasping grip completely
De-printing.
Adjustable retension

So here is the question, what do you use or have experience with working well??

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Desantis Superfly. P238, P365 easy front pocket carry. With the flap, even if it prints it will look like you are carrying your wallet up front.

Downsides: When sitting you are not getting your pistol out (well, maybe with some really weird gymnastics :)

flashpan

Lurking Member
The Boraii was one I was looking at. It looks like it retains the pistol? I'm worried about the pistol falling out of the desantis holsters? Does it stay in the holster well when moving around?

Thank you all for the replies.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I'm worried about the pistol falling out of the desantis holsters? Does it stay in the holster well when moving around?
Never had any issues with normal day-to-day activities. That said, never jogged, ran, or hung upside down with it, so if your day-to-day involves those... :)

Also not wearing any of those urban shorts with the huge slack pockets. Mostly cargo pants, and shorts version of same.

MET45

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
De Santis. Been pocket carrying my G26 daily for over 15 years with the same holster. high concealment and comfort.

flashpan

Lurking Member
So I bought two. Gonna try them both. Initial impressions. The sticky holster draws easier. The Boraii sights snag but not nearly as bulky in my pocket. Thanks for all the input, at least I only bought two!

15829388773387486196803377223268.jpg

I don’t like to pocket Cary my G26. I think it’s a little too big unless I put it in a cargo pocket. When i did do that I used a MIC holster. The only real pocket pistol in my carry rotation is the LCP II and I pocket carry that with the Ruger pocket holster it came with along with an additional magazine.