• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

post picture?

spyder

sorry i am suck at computer, how to post picture in the picture thread?

ADDED BY TITANNV 5/3/2018:
Here is one of many solutions for posting images.

So based off the instructions noted on post #2 of this thread:

Using https://postimages.org/ follow the instructions to upload your photo.

Find "Direct link:"

Copy the link address (URL):

Then click the photo icon on your post

Insert the URL to the photo and click OK.

Should look similar to this

That should do it. You can use the Preview Post button to see if you did it right.

Sample photo used in this semi-tutorial:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pachinko Pistola

Certified by DHS
Forum Supporter
You are suck at grammar too :smilielol5:

Use a website like this: http://imageshack.us

Upload your photo.

Then click the photo icon
insert the URL to the photo and click OK.

That should do it. You can use the Preview Post button to see if you did it right.

Nevada Hudson

Obsessed Member
When I click browse, it will not let me put on the Photos I want, as they are on different files.:patriot:Most other sites have a avator, and that is simple.

Sin City Shooter

Very Active Member
I find photobucket to be the easiest as they post the link code directly under the pic and all you have to do is click the code and paste it in the post.

rat907

Now how to you get the photo to fit? Can't get it 100x 100?
you have to manually resize the pic yourself before you use the host for smaller than normal pics.

I use picasa, ms paint or another 3rd party image manipulation program depending on the picture file format. after the pic is satisfactory in size and clarity, I then resave it in the format allowable by the website.

flintlock

Pictures too large

I have the same problem. It seems my picture is 2.8MB and is too large to upload. It's just a simple snapshot. Don't know how anyone is suppose to make it smaller. I could compress it but then it would be a zip or tar.gz file.
The picture was of some .351 ammo I wish to sell.:banghead:

Mikes I like the photo of the rifle. Yours? 50 caliber?

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I have the same problem. It seems my picture is 2.8MB and is too large to upload. It's just a simple snapshot. Don't know how anyone is suppose to make it smaller. I could compress it but then it would be a zip or tar.gz file.
The picture was of some .351 ammo I wish to sell.:banghead:
If you use tinypic.com, you resize to:
message board 640 x 480, then upload, copy and paste.

flintlock

Still can't upload

My uploads from my computer and using all four codes in photo bucket fail.
The image is under 100 x 100 and only 2.1 KB. How do I get it uploaded? No I am not going to download software from the dropbox. I am very careful of what I download to my computer. Had problems in the past.:mad2:

flintlock

Yes but not for avatar. I will try that. thank you.
Okay tried it and nothing works to upload an avatar. What am I doing wrong? Yippee! finally figured it out. A big thanks to everyone for their help.

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
Need you help with posting

folks how do I embed the photos on the post? I would like to have one posting that I could change as items sell or are added rather than 8 single posts. My issue is I only know how to post the 5 attachments. I would like to know how to put the photos in the posting like many of you do.

Thanks