• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Post your offroad vehicle

icode

Obsessed Member
I may be getting a 1992 Chevy 3/4 ton Ext cab 4WD that needs a new engine. Anybody know of a good place to have that done???

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Lead Bouncer
Founding Member
I may be getting a 1992 Chevy 3/4 ton Ext cab 4WD that needs a new engine. Anybody know of a good place to have that done???
u can pay some crack head to jack u a corvette engine...

$5 :smilewinkgrin:

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Pick up a good rebuilt engine for it from PAW or Summit, rent a cherry picker, and spend a few hours some Sunday with a couple of buddies and swap it out in your driveway. Not much easier in this world than swapping engines in a Chevy Pickup, even the later model ones with all the computer crap. Just tag and label all the wiring harnesses with a piece of duct tape and magic marker, same for the hoses, drain all the fluids and go for it.
If you don't want to go that route, don't know any good shops in LV, but if you can drag it over to Pahrump I can recommend several who will do it and not charge you an arm and a leg, and who will stand behind their work.

icode

Obsessed Member
Pick up a good rebuilt engine for it from PAW or Summit, rent a cherry picker, and spend a few hours some Sunday with a couple of buddies and swap it out in your driveway. Not much easier in this world than swapping engines in a Chevy Pickup, even the later model ones with all the computer crap. Just tag and label all the wiring harnesses with a piece of duct tape and magic marker, same for the hoses, drain all the fluids and go for it.
If you don't want to go that route, don't know any good shops in LV, but if you can drag it over to Pahrump I can recommend several who will do it and not charge you an arm and a leg, and who will stand behind their work.
Thanks NYECO, I'm still ckecking into the "deal". Me and a buddy are thinking about getting a chevy "block" and just doing the rebuild as a hobby since I'm in no rush. I've built a few chevy engines in my life so I don't figure it would be a big problem. Y'all wouldn't believe the prices everyone that I've called around here want for the job. The AVERAGE price is $4,000.00.

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Lead Bouncer
Founding Member
here's our trusty steed. Has new tires since this picture was taken.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
2005 Kia Sorento. 3.5L V6 with a manual 5 speed, dual range transfer case, limited slip rear. Right now I'm running stock sized AT tires, but I'll be going to a 32" MT next go around for tires...

Before the lift:

After a 2.5in spacer lift on all 4 corners

Wow Man. Quite an impressive array of "quarter-a-milers" here. That's what it costs you guys to run most of these, if not more. I've had my Subaru Forester for 40k miles now, and at least once a day, it occurs to me that I'm glad I got it. The best mpg I've ever gotten with it was 34, and that was including the trip to Point Sublime, on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Average is 25, year 'round. I don't "bust bushes", because I respect the land. It gets me into every place where I want to be, and it gets me outta' every place where I shouldn't have gone. No need for a pic. We know what they look like.

robstar

Active member (5.56mm)
At today's prices about .25 cents per mile is close for the H2; it has 106,000 miles on it and over the course of that time I've averaged 11.7 mpg. It is also rigged with specialty mounts as a camera truck for on and off-road car commercials so it's paid itself a few times over; not to mention all the fun we've had in it. I work in Hollywood a good bit and back last summer some of the fill-ups over there were costing me over $150.

The bike gets about 47 mpg off-road and 54 around the city and I've been trying to do most of my local trips and errands on it.

By the same token, every time we go out target practicing / plinking it's costing us probably somewhere between .10-.45 cent per round so it's hard to put a price on having a good time, whether it's enjoying your off-road beast or your favorite cannon!

RobStar

Gainaxe

My baby

Hehe, Here's some pics of my baby. I have yet to find an offroad site that it cannot get to(though due to the large tires I have to go fast, it can't go slower than about 15-20 mph up a hill). I have gotten new tires for it recently, so it looks a bit nicer.

Last edited by a moderator:

sksbubba

This is my Rig...a tour/church van with a Powerstroke on veggetable oil diet. This was on top of one of the hills on MM15/Sloan
Not even 2 wheel drive. It has a standard rear where if I spin The rears, only one tire spins. Hehehe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pachinko Pistola

Certified by DHS
Forum Supporter
Founding Member
Thanks NYECO, I'm still ckecking into the "deal". Me and a buddy are thinking about getting a chevy "block" and just doing the rebuild as a hobby since I'm in no rush. I've built a few chevy engines in my life so I don't figure it would be a big problem. Y'all wouldn't believe the prices everyone that I've called around here want for the job. The AVERAGE price is $4,000.00.
That's why I like 4 bangers. Half the parts to buy :smile5: On my old WRX, you could replace the whole short block for $1K.

If you need a hand, I'll help out.

icode

Obsessed Member
That's why I like 4 bangers. Half the parts to buy :smile5: On my old WRX, you could replace the whole short block for $1K.

If you need a hand, I'll help out.
Thanks Pachinko. I need a truck that has room to seat at least 4 and a full size bed. If that can be had in an old Toyota or something I'm game :driving: