• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Post your offroad vehicle

Luxom

Well-known member (45 ACP)
2wd sonoma goes lots of places offroad. Im in the middle of designing a winch mount bumper for the front and a ladder/kayak rack is going on it next weekend.

Bonus picture of last summer when we had to use my wives car and some boondocker decided he owned the whole point. You can barely see it in the picture but he had a little "garden" lined with twine going all the way down to the waterline. He was pretty visibly perturbed when i pulled up and started unloading my fishing gear at 330am, but dude youre right at the launch point!

1017201115a~2.jpg

0123211309a~2.jpg

Luxom

Was the boondoggle in the RV ?
Correct.
RV boondockers are usually cool people. This guy was not. He basically got upset at all the families fishing around him later that day and was in an argument with a guy that was fishing down by him when i was paddling back in.
I dont know why he felt like he owned that space but it made all the guys loading and unloading small craft like mine a lot more sketchy just so he could park by the water, and then got mad at all the activity that NORMALLY happens down by the water.
"Some peoples children", you know?

iweb

Ham Radio Operator
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Drove 350 miles to Yuma yesterday and traded for this Samurai, had a tin top for years and kicked myself for selling it. Below was sellers ad.

This vehicle has 1300cc engine with flowmaster exh. Weber carb .Lowrange off road transfer case gearset ($1,200.00)it cost me plus installation. Has locked rear end (spool) Has Travler 3,500#winch .has spring over lift.
Has 1-Inch wheel spacers 15x8 Black wheels with Goodyear wrangler 31-10-50 tires new spare tire .Full roll cage. Off road seats Diamond plate alum roof .Windshield will fold down or is completly removeable. Have stock doors and set of tube doors that are included. Has custom front and rear bumpers and offroad lights, Wheelwell lights ,Rockslider sidebars Has custom hi steering with heim ends. Is not pretty ,but is extremely functional for off road

sam3.JPG sam4.JPG

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I grew up in a Jeep CJ7 and was taught to hate the Samurais, but it turns out they developed quite the cult following.

vegasdom

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Drove 350 miles to Yuma yesterday and traded for this Samurai, had a tin top for years and kicked myself for selling it. Below was sellers ad.

This vehicle has 1300cc engine with flowmaster exh. Weber carb .Lowrange off road transfer case gearset ($1,200.00)it cost me plus installation. Has locked rear end (spool) Has Travler 3,500#winch .has spring over lift.
Has 1-Inch wheel spacers 15x8 Black wheels with Goodyear wrangler 31-10-50 tires new spare tire .Full roll cage. Off road seats Diamond plate alum roof .Windshield will fold down or is completly removeable. Have stock doors and set of tube doors that are included. Has custom front and rear bumpers and offroad lights, Wheelwell lights ,Rockslider sidebars Has custom hi steering with heim ends. Is not pretty ,but is extremely functional for off road

View attachment 85912 View attachment 85913
Drop a Hayabusa engine in that baby.

Luxom

Got the rack all welded up together and on. Came off a fullsize truck. My father in law was kind enough to help me modify it to fit my garbage. Working good so far, probably going to be on the water a lot this summer.
Ive started calling this junk El Blanco Priviliege.
It struggles to do 70 while loaded down and the kayak on top but mostly because its a brick flying through the air. Im fine with doing 55 everywhere anyways. Still no trouble with grunting the extra weight up hills. These little 3.4 vortec motors are stout.

0220210821b.jpg

0213211333_HDR.jpg

JR3

Active member (5.56mm)
Picked up 4 new tires for the Burb. Bumped up from 265/70R16 to a 75 ratio since the 70 series tires had to be ordered from all over creation to get a set together. The 265/75-16's were in stock.

Trailfinder A/T's from Discount tire. Nothing special. Whole deal with warranty package, out the door.......$498.75.

tires2 (2).jpg

truck4 (2).jpg

truck5 (2).jpg