• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Post your offroad vehicle

Rangemaster

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Is that even still a thing? I thought that was just another way for Elon to bilk rich people out of money for his self imposed space race.

I like the corner lights. Can you move them from in the cab like a squad car?
No, they are hard mounted on the pillar post.

JR3

Active member (5.56mm)
I checked the brakes on my Suburban when we first got it, maybe about a year ago? Looked like about 50% life left.
Wed. night while coming to a stop I heard a noise. Was that a grinding sound?
Bought some pads Thurs. after work but it started raining so I put it off till Fri.
Friday after work..nope. We have to go pick up a dresser. Got home 7pm..more rain.
Sat. morning 630 am. doing the rear brakes.. WHOA!...Yup..that was a grinding noise.
inside pad completely gone, rotor paper thin..yes..those are chunks missing.

Burb Rotor (2).jpg

Burb Rotor (3).jpg

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I checked the brakes on my Suburban when we first got it, maybe about a year ago? Looked like about 50% life left.
Wed. night while coming to a stop I heard a noise. Was that a grinding sound?
Bought some pads Thurs. after work but it started raining so I put it off till Fri.
Friday after work..nope. We have to go pick up a dresser. Got home 7pm..more rain.
Sat. morning 630 am. doing the rear brakes.. WHOA!...Yup..that was a grinding noise.
inside pad completely gone, rotor paper thin..yes..those are chunks missing.

View attachment 87920

View attachment 87921
there are some completely junked brake parts out there now...Amazoned a set of pads and rotors a while ago that didn't make it a year on the work truck.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
It's a shame we have to have such an ignorant dichotomy with so many things in this world like nuclear power and asbestos brakes. Ooooh, this one use and method is dangerous, so let's ban the whole concept.

Luxom

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Somebody broke in my truck last night and got me for over $1300 in tools... Im going to try and talk with insurance but i don't think im covered for this.

On the bright side this kind of gives me an idea.
Would a window mounted AC unit be worth it? I don't really care how it would look. Lol
Im sure i could hillbilly it all together, and run it off a genny until i could figure out a solar setup.
I had planned to roof mount one and put it in the weird gap just above and behind my cab then duct it straight back into the camper.

I might just put a sheet of aluminum over this window, reinforce it, and make a mount for a fuel can carrier there. Wrong side of the truck but whatever might as well use the space. i dunno. Ideas???

0319211217_HDR.jpg

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Somebody broke in my truck last night and got me for over $1300 in tools... Im going to try and talk with insurance but i don't think im covered for this.

On the bright side this kind of gives me an idea.
Would a window mounted AC unit be worth it? I don't really care how it would look. Lol
Im sure i could hillbilly it all together, and run it off a genny until i could figure out a solar setup.
I had planned to roof mount one and put it in the weird gap just above and behind my cab then duct it straight back into the camper.

I might just put a sheet of aluminum over this window, reinforce it, and make a mount for a fuel can carrier there. Wrong side of the truck but whatever might as well use the space. i dunno. Ideas???
Solar will never run AC..would take a huge array, power hungry inverter and many batts.
Besides the fiberglass cap not withstanding the weight of cans, fuel is always mounted on the rear for safety reasons, so I wouldn't.
That's a real shame about the break in..
Is that my buddy Monte back there? lol

Last edited:

Luxom

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Solar will never run AC..would take a huge array, power hungry inverter and many batts.
Besides the fiberglass cap not withstanding the weight of cans, fuel is always mounted on the rear for safety reasons, so I wouldn't.
That's a real shame about the break in..
Is that my buddy Monte back there? lol
Ahh good point with the fuel. Hadnt thought of that. Maybe ill make a shower reserve spot there instead. I was going to connect to the rack for all the actual support, not the cap.