• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Post your offroad vehicle

Zzyzx

Member (9mm)
Hey guys,
Most desert shooters are offroaders too. Getting out to that certain spot is usually tough on the minivan.

I'll post pictures of mine when I get home. Mine is a diesel 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 single rear wheel truck. That's where the factory items stop.
I put a KORE unlimited racing suspension in it. Fiberglass fenders and bedsides. 37" x 13.5" Toyo MT tires on 17" black powder coated wheels. Full front axle truss. Front electric eaton locker. 4.11 gear ratio. Cross over steering. Steering box brace. All the lights were blacked out. All badges were removed.
Then the best part. I had the outside of the truck from the windows down coated in 1/8" thick tan Line-X. This was color matched to the trucks original tan paint. The rocker panels and the bed were done in flat black. No chrome is left on the truck.
You can mow down bushes without sniveling about the paint. The best part was, it was cheaper than painting the fiberglass to match the truck's original paint.

I used to take it to Boulder City every week until fuel prices went crazy. So some of you may have seen it. Kids love it.

Last edited:

Zzyzx

Member (9mm)
Be careful with those lifts. Mine believe it or not has a total of 3.5" of lift. It looks like a lot more due to the 3" of rise on the fenders. Plus 4" of flare. Most lifts end up sticking you with a vehicle that is prone to rolling over.

A lot of those kits ride terribly and aren't very tough. A buddy put a 4" kit on his 2006 Dodge 2500 from Fabtech and it turned it into a spine compactor. The shock shafts were the size of a pencil.

These Fox Racing shocks I got are a 3" in the front with remote reservoirs and 2.5" in the rear with reservoirs. Everything in the suspension is connected with heavy duty heims.

Up in Boulder City, I took my truck down by the Mead Substation at the South end of Buchanan Blvd. There is a road that runs parallel with the paved road. It's constant whoops that mostly motorcycles and ATV's run on. I mashed it at about 30mph over this crap. I can't count how many times I got off the ground.
The entire area around the station is a huge offroad course with pretty hairy rises and built up berms. We were bouncing so much that I thought I broke something serious because I found radiator fluid all over the passenger side wheel well. It was bouncing so much, it was blowing out the expansion tank.

EriccCartmann

My Titan has seen both desert and snow and has no problems with any of it. Also towed a 6000 lb trailer from NH to Nevada and for the most part, I did not even knew the trailer was back there :sifone:

Zzyzx

Member (9mm)
Nice! I was considering getting a Titan at the time also. I didn't care much for the Frontier, but the Titan was sweet.
A employee of mine destroyed a 2005 Frontier within 4000 miles. He's pretty hard on vehicles, but not that hard. Head gaskets were blown and he rolled it into the stealership smoking and traded it.

How is that FJ holding up? A buddy of mine was considering getting one.

I'd really like to get one of those buggies. It's not a spine compactor to jump it?

I need to buy a nitrogen dill tank for my shocks. I let a little too much out of my steering stabilizer and now it's a little too loose for my liking. No one in my area seems to have the damn tank.

zim

All three of those pictures are from Peavine mt. The second one is on the top over looking Reno. The FJ's are pretty nice the biggest problem with them is to look out the sides you have to use the mirrors lots of blind spots. I just broke 20,000 miles not to long ago no problems yet.

swagger

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
My Jeep. It's a '98 TJ, with four angry squirrels under the hood, a 4" RE lift, Rancho shocks and 33x12.5" BFGs. Other than the lift, it's pretty much stock. It does just fine though - I don't push it too hard.

Shameless plug: A friend of mine owns Gen-Right, a manufacturer of aftermarket armor and other accessories. They make good stuff. If you need anything from them, call Tony at the number on their site and tell him Steve in Vegas sent you.

geo

Obsessed Member
Founding Member
Lorna, those are nice. We have been looking at them.. the normal jeeps are too small for gear/supplies/shopping.. but that one loooks to have some decent room.

How do you like it so far?

geo

Obsessed Member
Founding Member
heh where do I know those logos on your trucks from? I KNOW I have seen them before.. hahaha

Nice toys!

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
heh where do I know those logos on your trucks from? I KNOW I have seen them before.. hahaha

Nice toys!
Seems to me you have some of those logos too, and the same gear that rides inside the trucks, and the same kind of mysterious alpha-numeric
nick name that you use from time to time!
We're gonna bring the new SWAT Mobile Sniper Platform to the next food drive, see if we can't get some attention and more donations.

geo

Obsessed Member
Founding Member
Seems to me you have some of those logos too, and the same gear that rides inside the trucks, and the same kind of mysterious alpha-numeric
nick name that you use from time to time!
We're gonna bring the new SWAT Mobile Sniper Platform to the next food drive, see if we can't get some attention and more donations.

Haha no way.. thats the event I will be at.. but I am NOT going up in the bucket.. lol

LornaDoone

Lorna, those are nice. We have been looking at them.. the normal jeeps are too small for gear/supplies/shopping.. but that one loooks to have some decent room.

How do you like it so far?
We love it. Plenty of room, the back seats fold down for hauling stuff. The a/c works great. You should check them out.

Zzyzx

Member (9mm)
Rained all day down here too. Spent all day today and yesterday wheelin. Got me about 3 gallons of brass. Not a single piece was mine!
The mud was fun too!