• Become a Nevada Shooters Forum Supporter!
    Click HERE for details!

Private party sales..

Wanted to sell some guns. For Nevada private party sales, what's needed? What precautions should I take? I've downloaded the bill of sale and I'll use that. Let me know folks. Thank you.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Nothing is needed. You are already going to restrict out many of your more seriously interested buyers by requiring a BS, but that is completely your choice. There are guns for sale on this board right now that would have sold on the first day had they not required BS. You can search for threads that beat the subject to death.

The entire onus for the sale is on the buyer to not buy something if he's not allowed.

You are required to not know he's prohibited. You are not required to investigate him in anyway or see any ID.
One exception is if you can reasonably be expected to know he's underage, then you make sure.

Last edited:

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Wanted to sell some guns. For Nevada private party sales, what's needed? What precautions should I take? I've downloaded the bill of sale and I'll use that. Let me know folks. Thank you.
Step 1 — don’t knowingly sell to a prohibited party.

Done.

Really, as Mac went further into, it’s that simple.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Wow this is the second thread about this this week. And it has been gone over again and again on here.

But that's okay. We can post the same responses! :ROFLMAO:

bwh

uber n00b
Told ya'll another gun owner coming to NV and brought them California attitude. How about preserving NV as free state and exercise your 2A rights? It's just sad to see threads like this.

bwh

uber n00b
His original post he stated "I have already downloaded BOS" and "I'll use that". To me that is a premeditated action. However, as you have said his ads no mention BOS, then GTG.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
His original post he stated "I have already downloaded BOS" and "I'll use that". To me that is a premeditated action. However, as you have said his ads no mention BOS, then GTG.
I see your point. I think the fact that we offer a sample BS is a bit misleading that it might be needed or even that we endorse it.