• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Private Party Transfer Prices WTF?

gixxer760

Clown World Champion
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Yup, I’m going to NFA today, NFA also does it for $25
NFA did mine, i live in the SW complete opposite end of town and still travel up there. Their staff are mean and horrible, unfriendly, prices are horrid, one time a dude threatened me because I was a gun owner! so avoid them because its getting too crowded there (all the previous is obvious sarcasm)... In all honesty i've never had a bad experience with NFA. Even when i shipped a firearm to the wrong NFA FFL they took care of it quick and didn't charge anything extra for it.

now it sucks because you do typically have to wait outside but i get it, you have to do what you have to to stay open, thanks @NewFrontier for helping us out and not gouging while the times are tough!

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Name the place that over charges so I can stay away from there
Probably not in your neck of the woods, but avoid Gevas Defense in Pahrump. Not only a $40 transfer fee, but if you have a gun shipped there, and don't show up the same day it arrives, they charge a $10 a day storage fee! And they don't tell you beforehand. :mad:

I guess I made the wrong career choice!

Last edited:
Who is charging for a free background check?

We need to know who to avoid.
They only charge BGC if no CCW but most charge anywhere from $50-$25 for the transfer fee.
WWG -$50+ $25 BGC
Green Valley - $44 + $25
Some just don’t do it at all, I guess they think we are taking business from them.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
They only charge BGC if no CCW but most charge anywhere from $50-$25 for the transfer fee.
WWG -$50+ $25 BGC
Green Valley - $44 + $25
Some just don’t do it at all, I guess they think we are taking business from them.
For person to person transfer, there is no BACKGROUND CHECK fee.
No background check fees for anyone, but all sales called into Carson City, fill out Form 4473 only.
CCW holders get no exemption from the call into Carson City, fill out Form 4473.
Dealer may charge a fee for his time to make the call and do the paperwork (same as receiving an online purchase)

Doesn't matter if you have a CCW or not. The CCW exemption only comes into play if buying from an FFL.

So any dealer that says they are getting charged a fee for a private transfer are full of BS.