• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Private sells

Bonez

Las Vegas - Centennial Hills
Would it be too difficult to set up a template in the trading post to not allow you to post reply until certain fields were populated (I.e. BOS required, Location, Pictures, etc.)? Then again.. it would certainly throw a curveball for a WTB post.

I know you can setup tags to show for For Sale or Trade and you can even create a tag for SOLD. I don't think there is a way to create a temple for a forum without additional licencing of add-ons.

All I want to see is you flash you NV ID and not be sketchy. Sketchy is subjective :) Now that backpage has tanked I am not happy with fewer options.

MP15Reloader

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Did a BOS with someone from backpage.

Never done one here, I just check itrader rating, nv ID and ccw or leo creds.. Never felt the need to record anything with transactions on here.

That being said, it was before backpage shut down so dunno what effect it had here..havent sold anything on here in quite a while. Probably cause I learned my lesson parking with a glock 23 I still miss.

turborich

Obsessed Member
Some folks are a bit more paranoid and I can understand why. Don't want to sale a firearm to the wrong person. For me either filling out a very minimal BOS ( firearm make, serial, date and your name) or just simply showing me your ID so I know you're a NV resident is fine with me. There are some people that I'd just be okay with a handshake. Just depends.

Honestly, I never had an issue with the old blue card registration until Metro started shutting down sub stations and making the wait times much longer.

I don't have a problem with BOS because it serves as a receipt for proof of purchase or sale. I have no problem either with back-ground checks or FFL transfer... it's for record purposes. What I don't like is the fees entailed with those especially paying sales tax again on used firearms.

Sorry, it must be said:

"Sell" is a verb, an action, it requires conjugation: I sell, you sell, he sells.. I sold, you sold, and so on. "Sale" is a noun, it is not conjugated and usually would appear together with definite or undefinite article "the sale", "a sale". When person A sold something, they made a sale.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
I don't have a problem with BOS because it serves as a receipt for proof of purchase or sale.....
This is okay, and one can hope you keep such personal info as secure as a gun store does.

The real question is do you think it should be mandatory for others?

MAC702

Forum Supporter
...Honestly, I never had an issue with the old blue card registration until Metro started shutting down sub stations and making the wait times much longer.
Keep in mind that in addition to the registration issues, it was a horrible taxpayer-funded moneypit and incredible waste of county employee time. So much so that the sheriff's office refused to do a state-demanded audit of the program.

MAC702

Forum Supporter
Or mandatory for other dangerous items. Hammers for instance.
One argument made for registration was for return of stolen property. Yet they wouldn't register my far more valuable power tools, which also had serial numbers. I was required to keep such records myself if I wished for them to exist.

Or mandatory for other dangerous items. Hammers for instance.
One argument made for registration was for return of stolen property. Yet they wouldn't register my far more valuable power tools, which also had serial numbers. I was required to keep such records myself if I wished for them to exist.

I was told by my insurance company that they need pictures and receipts of the firearm/s for insurance claim purposes in case of theft or loss.

turborich

Obsessed Member
Seriously? You were ok with gun registration? The wait time was your issue with it?
Didn't bother me. I could meet the buyer there and make sure it was all legit. Now in the future you will end up with state wide mandatory firearm registration that you will have to pay for! Don't be fooled, it will eventually be rolled out. Then that old blue card program will have looked good. Did I like the LVMPD firearm registration? Not really, however I knew that getting rid of it would allow for something much worse. I have to pay to register my vehicle every damn year, at least the blue card was free!

MAC702

Forum Supporter
And there is nothing wrong with an individual liking a certain program (better if the program was self-funded, though) as long as they didn't insist everyone else had to participate.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I was told by my insurance company that they need pictures and receipts of the firearm/s for insurance claim purposes in case of theft or loss.
Yep. Take pics of your guns every year or so. And keep in mind, most insurance companies limit theft claims to $1,000 unless you’ve previously scheduled the weapons ahead of time. Reason is if someone comes home to a stolen safe, too many people would try to claim they had 20 high end rifles inside when it was really far different.