• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Rare Breed FRT-15 Trigger?

VegasPlinking

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Thoughts on the Rare Breed FRT-15 trigger? I’ve never seen anything like this before and am curious to hear more.. 😉

What would you drop this in?

DE3BC2BE-BB88-4A2D-96B7-0EDC261F98F9.jpeg

Last edited:

MET45

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
It is drop in but you have to use a full auto bolt carrier and they recommend using a heavy buffer.

42tula

uber Member
Would like to try it, but no way I'm leaving a trail of bread crumbs over skynet for it. The heavy buffer is to slow lock time, and reduce bolt bounce. The H buffers are the standard weight for any MIL rifle with a giggle switch.

ETA: I was completely unaware that they recommend a H3 buffer, and not a H buffer.

Last edited:

MET45

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Would like to try it, but no way I'm leaving a trail of bread crumbs over skynet for it. The heavy buffer is to slow lock time, and reduce bolt bounce. The H buffers are the standard weight for any MIL rifle with a giggle switch.

ETA: I was completely unaware that they recommend a H3 buffer, and not a H buffer.
One test I saw on YT ran better with a standard buffer than with the recommened H3

SixshooterSam

Making Automobiles Great Again
I would drop it into my boat right before it sinks, because otherwise the ATF will be coming after it shortly...

Awesome idea though. I want one.

SixshooterSam

Pretty much. They've already shown with Polymer80 BS that seizing customer records and paying you a visit at home is where they are heading.
Yep. And anyone who buys this kind if thing right now with a credit card or in any other way that is easily traceable is a fool, as you're just asking to get raided yourself.

It's too bad these don't have wider distribution in stores where you can walk in and pay cash. But even then, so many people are so in love with using their credit or debit cards for everything that they would still make the mistake of using it there.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
I didn't even watch the video. Just seeing "forced reset" and the screen shot pic of the lever on the back told me what I needed to know. Brilliant idea. I hope they make millions.

Looks far superior to the binary trigger functions. I've shot one of those and hated it, but that's coming from a background of shooting true fully automatic weapons.

Each innovation of this type helps to normalize fully-automatic rates of fire, which are far more for entertainment than any other useful purpose.

MET45

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
From what I saw it only has one trigger mode F/S, so single shots are accomplished by trigger control only?

SixshooterSam

TBH at the ammo prices and availability of late, I cannot fathom why anyone would want one of these.
I think there's a hell of a lot more people who want one than would actually buy one, for numerous reasons. Also, as bad as things are, ammo prices aren't likely to stay crazy forever. They didn't last time ammo prices went bananas.

VegasPlinking

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Coincidently, I connected and spoke to the maker of the Rare Breed trigger this evening. His exact words: "the trigger is insanely amazing like a binary on steroids, what everyone wants a binary to be".

Even he thinks it will be banned after some time claiming "it works a little too good" haha

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I'd love to get my hands on one to try out and compared against the two popular binaries. But no way I'd be buying that with a CC via the company. You will end up with MIBs at your door coming to collect at some point.