• URGENT! Help STOP the UNCONSTITUTIONAL Red Flag Law AB291!
    CLICK HERE for details!

Reload data issues

Hello,
I am new to reloading and I have continued to research before I actually made some rounds. I picked up some Barry’s 124gr HBFP bullets from sportsman’s and I can’t find any data for the use with titegroup. On hogdons website they have load data for 124gr HBRN, would the charge tables work for my HBFN? I noticed there is a difference of OAL for each bullet on Barry’s website. Would I be ok if I used the charge high and low with the proper OAL (1.060”). Would that be safe?

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
...I picked up some Barry’s 124gr HBFP bullets from sportsman’s and I can’t find any data for the use with titegroup. On hogdons website they have load data for 124gr HBRN, would the charge tables work for my HBFN?...
What matters more is if both bullets have the same thickness of plating.

Without getting into details, I won't use plated bullets anymore, and I've been loading all my life. Lead or true jacketed will give you much more consistent results betwixt different brands and you can trust established data.

Thread title should be a lot more specific to make this thread easier to find/follow later.

Last edited:

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
What matters more is if both bullets have the same thickness of plating.

Without getting into details, I won't use plated bullets anymore, and I've been loading all my life. Lead or true jacketed will give you much more consistent results and you can trust established data.
I've used X-Treme heavy plate for years, and have been reasonably satisfied. However, I've been weening myself off, by using up my stock. I've found true jacketed bullets for the same (or in some cases cheaper) than plated. Then there is no ambiguity about how to load them, and they may be more accurate...

u should be ok with using same powder charge....over-all-length will be different cos one is flat point & one is round nose....read up on ogive for better understanding of seating depth

Last edited: