Reloading Supplies Carson City Area

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Do any of you have a favorite reloading supply store in the Carson City area? We live in Dayton, but get into Carson City fairly often. I buy most of my stuff online, but when wanting to try a new powder (a pound or two) I don't want to pay the Hazmat fee, until I'm ready to make a larger order.

Thanks for any advice!

terdog

uber Member
Hey Mike. I'm not that aware of all the places. I 'm just starting to get into reloading. but it seems like Sportsmans in Carson is well stocked.

Terry

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Hey Mike. I'm not that aware of all the places. I 'm just starting to get into reloading. but it seems like Sportsmans in Carson is well stocked.

Terry
Yeah, I've bought "samples" (one or two pounds) and they do seem fairly well stocked, but they are not cheap! I guess I got spoiled by a source I had in California, I could buy powder for not much more than internet prices.

But like you said, for a pound or two, Sportsman's warehouse, may be the best option. Although, if I could find a small "Mom and Pop" source that would be great!

terdog

uber Member
If you get down Minden way, theres BEAR BULLETS. Look them up on the net. I believe that they have closed the storefront, but they seem to still be in bussiness, maybe from home.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I found what I was looking for at C-A-L Ranch in Carson City, and at a good price for what I was looking for (a couple pounds of varget, to experiment with before I stock up) I’ll be back for small quantities when needed.

DDRanch

uber n00b
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I was in Carson yesterday and decided to check out Battle Born. Nice shop, bought a jug of H335 at a very decent price. Asked the owner, Jim if he could order some powder for me and he stated not a problem. Even got a Veteran's discount!