• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Review of an NFA poly lower

gixxer760

Clown World Champion
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
the only negative i see is from the haters obviously who hate anything new. and those who cant read directions... NFA is VERY open about saying NO 22lr on their polymer lowers. people who dont read directions break them and NFA is typically STILL willing to swap them out.

One more reason i dont mind the drive, the team at NFA is willing to make it right, i dont think they will let you leave their store if you arent happy with their service.

I never heard anything about not using them on a 22.
In fact they sell a thinner hammer for use on 22 conversions.
Any way i have a dedicated 22 and i've lost track of how many rounds have run through it without a hiccup.
What's even better is I can run a 5,56 upper without changing a thing.

I have two lowers, and the only problem i've had is the takedown pin has broken twice because the upper is tight. The first time NFA fixed it in five minutes.
This second time i replaced the pins with metal ones. The rest of it is still plastic.

gixxer760

Clown World Champion
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
i recant, apparently NFA is the one who has changed their design so they dont brake. another reason i like NFA, they don't point fingers they make stuff right and make it better.

thanks guys!

This is all good and wonderful.
Yesterday, I visited the website, and they said that these things are on back order.
Right now, the site says there are only 5 left. Wuts the point in offering a discount for quantities of 25 or 100, if they can't keep even a running stock on hand at the store? Is there a world plastic shortage?
I'd like to buy one next week, but I've read that they're so tight fitting that it could well take trying at least two on your upper to get one that goes together.
Failing to maintain stock of a thing that you make yourself is just plain unprofessional.

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
Joe, in an unstable market we can't hire and fire people weekly so we try to estate the demand on a product and keep that product steady.

I'm sorry that the demand is too high on our product and we sell out of what we make every month. There is a lot more to our business than what you can see as we ship over 3 thousand of those polymer lowers a month all over the US and 3 other countries.

If you have a need for the product stop in the store and we'll get you set up. Also, if you would like your lower and upper to fit sloppy and lose, bring the upper in with you and we'll make sure to adjust the lower so it does. :)