• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Review on the Ruger 57

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I’ve been sitting on this video footage for 2 months.🤦‍♂️ Just now got around to editing it. Fairly quick function test of the Ruger 57 in 5.7x28.

Good job bro 👊🏾
I got the FN when it first came out & that same box of ammo was $19.99 back then , I reload the 5.7 too with CFE pistol & true blue . Just wish they would come from the factory with a threaded barrel .

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Good job bro 👊🏾
I got the FN when it first came out & that same box of ammo was $19.99 back then , I reload the 5.7 too with CFE pistol & true blue . Just wish they would come from the factory with a threaded barrel .
Thanks
You’re using single stage press?

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I ordered one, because I need one, and they will probably be sold out soon. Thanks again

Yeah man single stage , Lyman dies & shell holder , I prime it with the rcbs hand primer but it’s a pain in the arse because the shell holder won’t fit on the small primer plastic insert so I leave out the plastic part & single feed each primer .

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
It’s been a while since i needed to reload any 5.7 but from what i can recall What I found works for me is using the 550 first stage to resize and deprime. I progress one station and before the next operation I remove the newly decapped and resized casing and run it in a WFT and then replace it for priming and powder. Then projectile, and finally light crimp.