• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ruger blackhawk 357, 3 screw and Ruger new model single six 22

Azkal

I purchased these 2 revolvers from a widowed friend of my aunt for 100.00 for both. Was it worth it? I don't know much about these revolvers.

20200326_220828.jpg

SixshooterSam

What, me conspiracy?
Damn right it was a good deal! Great deal, in fact. I have a 1970 Blackhawk .357 with an additional 9mm cylinder. All original, never had the conversion done. I paid more than $100 just for the one..

Azkal

I really need to do more research on these. All the feedbacks everyone is giving is gett7ng me excited on the possibilities. Thank you

Note that if you are looking for a 9mm cylinder, that you will need to find one that will fit your revolver - or find one oversize enough to be fitted to your revolver.

SixshooterSam

What, me conspiracy?
I really need to do more research on these. All the feedbacks everyone is giving is gett7ng me excited on the possibilities. Thank you
You should. Contact Ruger and they can let you know whether or not the conversion has been done. If it has not, then yes, always make sure you carry it on an empty chamber, as a drop or hard enough bump to the hammer can fire the round in the chamber.

https://ruger.com/pdf/safetyOfferAd.pdf

Madpyro

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Pull the hammer back and look at the forward face. If it’s flat for 1/2”, and there’s no transfer bar underneath the firing pin, it has not been converted. If it’s converted, the hammer face will be “terraced” with several steps, and there will be a transfer bar (flat plate) underneath the firing pin. Hope this helps .

Azkal

Pull the hammer back and look at the forward face. If it’s flat for 1/2”, and there’s no transfer bar underneath the firing pin, it has not been converted. If it’s converted, the hammer face will be “terraced” with several steps, and there will be a transfer bar (flat plate) underneath the firing pin. Hope this helps .
The hammer is flat, and there is no plate between hammer and pi. Is that good?

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
It's "good" in that it is original.

But you have to treat it like a Colt. Carry it with 5 cartridges and the hammer resting on the empty chamber.