RUGER GP100 MATCH CHAMPION

terdog

uber Member
My GF has a Ruger GP100 4" and its a hoot to play with. For yrs I wanted my own "tank" because they were just so damn cool.
Hangin out on GunBroker can be dangerous and costly. I thought that I'd just get a feel for the market and keep my on the lookout for a good deal. Turns out a shop was clearing out their Match Champions. I was leaning towards the 10mm version, but this deal was too good to pass up. $623 shipped to my FFL. They even did 2 day USPS PRIORITY MAIL.

I have a personal rule about shooting any new to me firearm within 24hrs. Since there was still some daylight when I picked it up, I went to my favorite spot and sent 150 rnds down range, some 38spl+P and 38 spl.
She shoots great. :)
Not a fan of black rear sights, but the green fibre optic front is nice.
I think that the Ruger is the easiest "stock" revolver to "stage" double action. There's a very obvious detent before the hammer drops.
The accuracy was very good. I had my steel plates hangin and had no problem ringing the steel from a laser verified 30yds.

Very happy new RUGER owner:love:(y)

I’ve been looking at them myself.I even held one at Ventura Munitions they had in the case last week.Isn’t the stainless finnish and the quality just awesome.Would make a great camping sidearm.
Congratulations on your new gun.
P.S.I’m kinda interested in the 7 round version.

terdog

uber Member
Thanks guys.

She does work awesome. DEFINITELY can feel the difference between 357 and 38spl. 357 is still VERY easy shooting .

I've got a Ruger Match Champion in .357. Its a really great gun but even better in my opinion is the Ruger Redhawk in .44 Magnum. Its such an awesome gun that I've got two.

terdog

uber Member
After 500 rnds it has developed a sound that seems like something loose inside. It still shoots lights out. I need to break her down and see whats up.

RUGERS 006.jpg

Congrats on your purchase. I got a SS version in Oct. 2014. The only thing I did not like about it were the Hogue stippled grips, so I replaced them with some Altamont grips. FYI: SS is difficult to clean! :(
GP-100 and Nimravus.JPG

terdog

uber Member
It does take some effort to clean them that's for sure.
My method is to use scotch brite pad with Hopie's number 9.
Have been contemplating using either a dremmel or and die grinder with scotch brite.

terdog

uber Member
The ones on my GFs GP100 are after market and adjustable.
Not sure why Ruger made the MC sight different from the GP...