• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ruger Wrangler .22

So ready to pick one of these up! One shop was doing pre-orders this morning for $173! A Ruger for just a little more money than a Heritage! I have had a ton of fun with the Heritage revolvers but I have also had one come apart in my hands. I can only imagine that Heritage is panicking right now and trying to figure out how they can sell theirs for even less!

I have also had a ton of fun with the Single Six but I just haven't been able to bring myself to spend $500+ on a rimfire. This is just what the doctor ordered.

So ready to pick one of these up! One shop was doing pre-orders this morning for $173! A Ruger for just a little more money than a Heritage! I have had a ton of fun with the Heritage revolvers but I have also had one come apart in my hands. I can only imagine that Heritage is panicking right now and trying to figure out how they can sell theirs for even less!

I have also had a ton of fun with the Single Six but I just haven't been able to bring myself to spend $500+ on a rimfire. This is just what the doctor ordered.
What shop was doing those preorders and are they still doing them at that price?

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Kentucky Gun Co has them listed at $173 but don't seem to be taking orders. Georgia gun store has them at $162!
I know these are old prices and stock comes in and out of availability.

Just noticed today that forum sponsor @DiscountGunSource has a couple variations in stock:
Ruger Wrangler 22LR Silver - $199.99
Ruger Wrangler 22LR Black - $199.99

DiscountGunSource

Experience the DGS Difference
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
We have the black and silver models of the Wrangler in store as stated above. Please note we are closed after today until Tuesday, December 3rd.

Last edited:
there are lots of decently priced ruger wranglers online now. i’ve only put 300ish happy rounds through my wrangler in six months. for any wrangler owner with higher round counts, how is your experience?

Jayc71

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Just picked up one of these today to do some plinking. Wife loves everything western including the old six shooter look, it'll become hers I'm sure. :D

i am happy with my wrangler but, if i can wish, would like to see ruger make other, value-priced, wranglers in 22wmr, 32long or even 38sp non+p, or in a bearcat sized 22lr, if the metallurgy allows at that price point. the current wrangler’s 22lr cylinder certainly has room for two more holes to make it an eight shot, like the lcr.

Jayc71

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Got a chance to take the new Wrangler out and shoot it a week or so back, this thing is just pure fun. Wife has definitely claimed it as her own and she was shooting better with it than me :LOL: