• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Selling NV car in CA

IBMJunkman

Transitioning to NV
Forum Supporter
I have the title. Where do I sign it over? Sections on the back imply dealer only.

I assume I keep the plates. Is there a small refine? Register in March.

Roach

#operator
I'm not sure you get a refund, but you do get a credit towards registration. You might want to,check with the DMV to see if it expires. I spent an afternoon last week at the DMV and while there's a lot t right with this state, registration fees is not one of them.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I'm not sure you get a refund, but you do get a credit towards registration. You might want to,check with the DMV to see if it expires. I spent an afternoon last week at the DMV and while there's a lot t right with this state, registration fees is not one of them.
My wife and I both had about 6 months left on our NV registration when we moved to NM. Checked with DMV in NV — no refunds of any type. If you register another/different vehicle in NV you can rollover your remaining registration fees to your “new” car. If you’re not registering another Vehicle you’re SOL.

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I have the title. Where do I sign it over? Sections on the back imply dealer only.

I assume I keep the plates. Is there a small refine? Register in March.
Yes, you remove the NV plates always. Surrender the plates to your local NV DMV ASAP so they know you know longer own the vehicle. That way they do not expect you to have it insured and all that.

The refund is only if you have another vehicle registered in NV and it will then go automatically against such.

-Don- Reno