• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Senior Citizen car jacking.

The old guy that was in the interview saying he carries and old people aren't to be messed with was a good representation.

Last update on Facebook says they caught them.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
See? This is why I carry a fire extinguisher, first-aid kit, spare tire, water, firearm.

Vehicle theft should be treated as seriously as horse theft was. It's often one's means of livelihood.

LASCHRIS

"Life is hard enough. It's harder when your stupid
The video of that mob attacking a senior really made me angry. The gentleman that was attacked clearly wasn't paying attention to his surroundings. He was going to get a meal. This cowardly pack of coyotes quickly surrounded and put him on the ground and severely beat him. According to tonight's news, car jackings involving seniors are now the latest sport in the valley. The question I have is if I were in a similar situation, when it would lawful to 1. draw weapon, 2.Neutralizing the threats with my weapon? The coyotes in the video were unarmed. If a victim in a similar situation opened fire and dropped one or more coyotes, how is he/she going to prove they were in fear for their life? Without a video record or a independent witness might be difficult to prove self defense. Perhaps add the prison bars to my home windows, and never leave home? Carry a tactical shotgun in a 2 point sling where ever I go?

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
The video of that mob attacking a senior really made me angry. The gentleman that was attacked clearly wasn't paying attention to his surroundings. He was going to get a meal. This cowardly pack of coyotes quickly surrounded and put him on the ground and severely beat him. According to tonight's news, car jackings involving seniors are now the latest sport in the valley. The question I have is if I were in a similar situation, when it would lawful to 1. draw weapon, 2.Neutralizing the threats with my weapon? The coyotes in the video were unarmed. If a victim in a similar situation opened fire and dropped one or more coyotes, how is he/she going to prove they were in fear for their life? Without a video record or a independent witness might be difficult to prove self defense. Perhaps add the prison bars to my home windows, and never leave home? Carry a tactical shotgun in a 2 point sling where ever I go?
I can only speak for myself on this one — if I see a group of thugs putting a whooping on a senior I will have no second thoughts about drawing my firearm and shouting. If the attack doesn’t immediately stop someone is getting shot. I’m willing to take my chances with the police, DA, and a jury knowing that I’m comfortable with the decision I made.

The usual suspects.

The "kid" in the white shirt distracted the victim, probably asking if he "had some change for a bus" or whatever, while the other hyenas surrounded him.

So sad to watch that. Probably somebody's father/grandfather. Hope he is OK.

trdlasvegas: Nice avatar picture (is that redundant?) with Leonard Franklin Slye who owned a famous horse by the name of Golden Cloud.

Koyote, I’m not sure what you mean by redundant. The Avatar is my Uncle Joe with Roy. And Golden Cloud was Trigger’s real name.
Without looking it up, just thought off the top of my head I was thinking that avatar meant a picture, so to say avatar picture in my original post was like saying "picture picture"? As for Roy and Golden Cloud...Roy happened to be on the set of the Errol Flynn Robin Hood when they were filming a scene where Olivia De Havilland was riding Golden Cloud. Roy took a liking to the horse and a few days later, bought him. It is said that Gabby Hayes suggested the name "Trigger" to Roy...and the rest is history.