• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Show off those Wheelguns

Grumpyoldretiredcop

Grumpiness incarnate!
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Not every revolver is a beauty queen. I hear tell that the former owner of this S&W 1937 Brazilian Contract .45 ACP might have picked her up in the desert outside of New Vegas after a dustup with some Raiders...

"Aging" the plastic faux ivory grips is a work in progress. Had to do something to match the metal; it's irrecoverably pitted. I could bead blast and Parkerize it, but I don't see the point. It still shoots well but requires some Kentucky windage, as one might expect.

I heard somewhere they made 300 of these 610-2 with a 3" barrel for Lew Horton. This has been worked a bit. Mainly it has a 4" tube now and a few other seen and unseen touches. It is a shooter though. A 610, an extra 2 or 4 moon clips loaded up and I would never feel under gunned.

View attachment 79194

View attachment 79195
Hot damn. I’ve been close to pulling the trigger on some 3” Lew .44’s but that 10 mil is siiiick

Hot damn. I’ve been close to pulling the trigger on some 3” Lew .44’s but that 10 mil is siiiick
I still have the 3" tube that came off of it in case I want to put it back on. It has the 4" for competition which I no longer do. It is not a bad pin gun but takes to long to get back on target so I use a S&W 25-5 that was worked over by Austin Behlert, an old time East Coast gunsmith.

bob DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG

Last edited: