Sig Legion p226 sa/da Holster?

Looking for suggestions. Just pruchased a Sig Legion p226. Curious about practical owb and iwb holsters. Heard maybe (just rumors?) That the PVD coating was very vulnerable to wear. Guess what I'm asking is what is the best material to avoid the most wear? Also the most comfortable to wear, just looking for suggestions.

15553839626524548610697795668735_399898452922431.jpg

15553839049268851983807928988299_399485263475191.jpg

I carry mine quite a bit in a leather owb made by aker. That in combo with a good sturdy ccw belt that I also got from aker makes for super comfortable carry. I don't baby mine, pretty typical for me to run a case of 9mm through it each month if not more. In and out of the leather holster. PVD looks brand new.

Ramone

Obsessed Member
Look at Kramer Leather holsters. The Vertical Scabbard is a classic, and it is widely used in law enforcement among plain clothes personnel. If you need something with a retention strap, the Galco Fletch is good too for toting a full-size service pistol.

I think any holster, whether leather or kydex, will put wear on a pistol's finish. Things you can do to help reduce such wear are to keep the inside of the holster clean of dust or dirt, apply wax on the slide of your pistol, or consider a more durable finish on the slide when multiple presentations began to show wear.

There is a theory out there that holster wear on a pistol is sign of someone who is a serious pistolero. Embrace the suck?

Good luck with your P226. It is one of the great ones.

Look at Kramer Leather holsters. The Vertical Scabbard is a classic, and it is widely used in law enforcement among plain clothes personnel. If you need something with a retention strap, the Galco Fletch is good too for toting a full-size service pistol.

I think any holster, whether leather or kydex, will put wear on a pistol's finish. Things you can do to help reduce such wear are to keep the inside of the holster clean of dust or dirt, apply wax on the slide of your pistol, or consider a more durable finish on the slide when multiple presentations began to show wear.

There is a theory out there that holster wear on a pistol is sign of someone who is a serious pistolero. Embrace the suck?

Good luck with your P226. It is one of the great ones.
Thanks for the reply. Definitely will check them out.