• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Sig p365

Anybody else intrigued of the new release from Sig Sauer? The new p365 is a little bit smaller than the g43, yet holds 10+1. Also, according to what I've read, they also changed their standards of testing, so no issues like the p320 had. What's everyone's thoughts?

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
Anybody else intrigued of the new release from Sig Sauer? The new p365 is a little bit smaller than the g43, yet holds 10+1. Also, according to what I've read, they also changed their standards of testing, so no issues like the p320 had. What's everyone's thoughts?
Looks like a good little gun. Price point's always a bit steep with the Sig's. Sig suggests $599. Extended mag will get you 12+1!

https://www.sigsauer.com/products/firearms/pistols/p365/

Guns & Ammo did a great article and video on it and says they can probably be found at around $499:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/handguns/first-look-sig-sauer-p365/

Teresa

uber Member
Looks interesting, love my Sigs, if this is as advertised, sounds like I'll buy one. But I'll wait till I see it in the flesh to make a final decision.

Grumpyoldretiredcop

uber Member
Forum Supporter
I intend to get my hands on one at SHOT. It'll have to be pretty good to get me away from my G42 and 43. To be fair, I'm no Glock fanboi, there's 4 P320s sitting in my safe.

Vegas_boy

Born and Raised In Vegas
Looks like it’s worth a shot(pun intended), I’ve been wanting to upgrade my girl’s carry gun. She has a Sig p238 currently, and I’ve been wanting her to upgrade to a 9mm, but she did not feel comfortable with the 9mm version or with the g43. This might fit the bill, but I’ll likely wait to make sure there aren’t any issues that need to be ironed out.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
Compared to what Glock charges with night sights , I dont see the 365 being pricey at all. Rumor is it will street around $500 or just over , compare that to a Glock.....

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
Looks like it’s worth a shot(pun intended), I’ve been wanting to upgrade my girl’s carry gun. She has a Sig p238 currently, and I’ve been wanting her to upgrade to a 9mm, but she did not feel comfortable with the 9mm version or with the g43. This might fit the bill, but I’ll likely wait to make sure there aren’t any issues that need to be ironed out.
I was having the same exact thoughts. My girl landed on a Bodyguard .380 but mostly due to the grip mounted green laser as well as overall feel in her hand. The trigger pull sucks. I'd rather see a 9mm in her quiver but the laser may be an issue once available, pushing the street price well above $700 once all comes into play.

sbubrick

Obsessed Member
It's on the top of my list for Shot Show this year, along with Kimber and IWI. IWI just announced a 15 round Bullpup shotgun.

2GoneDE

Zookeeper
Forum Supporter
TLDR: Get in line

Everyone wants one...you will have to fight the emotional buyer (that will pay anything)...then the trendy buyers (that will pay anything)...then wait in line as one of the frugal guys. I would love to find a Sig replacement to my faithful P239...but I know it will be 18 months before I get a chance at a hassle-free purchase.

Pale Rider

Obsessed Member
Compared to what Glock charges with night sights , I dont see the 365 being pricey at all. Rumor is it will street around $500 or just over , compare that to a Glock.....
Per Sigs website, $599 MSRP I don't see it dropping at the start. Given the hype over smaller pistols recently and they have the capacity advantage to the Shield and 43,it will sell for that or better. Especially if they don't stumble out of the gates from the press of the 320 disaster and it passes its own drop tests.

Not to mention the accessory prices, $55 for the 12rd mag :rolleyes:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-nitron-micro-compact.html

Already have a laser for it as well. So those will probably be $700 factory equipped.

sbubrick

Obsessed Member
Supply and demand! I have read estimated street price of $500.00. it should sell well. Like the car Business if it does not sell the price will drop. The iPhone X is still selling at Apples retail price because there is a demand. If I decide that I want it I will pay the going price. simple as that............

I'm sure retail MAP will be less than the MSRP, so most of the shops here in town (not all) will have it at MAP. I'm guessing, it will be in the low $500 range.

sbubrick

Obsessed Member
I fondled it for the last 4 days at Shot Show. This gun had the biggest attraction at the show. The gun is not in there main catalog they had a separate one printed they had tons of them for the show. They ran out of them early morning of day three. My prediction from what I saw in the crowds is this gun will be in high demand for months to come. It comes with two 10 round magazines, one flush mounted and one with the pinkie extension. The 12 rounder will be an option and the only one that I can think of as the gun comes with night sights......

Grumpyoldretiredcop

uber Member
Forum Supporter
I got my hands on it too... and I'm not that impressed. It's pretty chunky. I don't think it's going to replace my G43 anytime soon. Too bad, I really wanted to like it. My P320s are refusing to talk to me now!

OntheAir

Grower of Beard
I was invited to Sig’s Range Day before Shot Show. I have a side hustle where my friend and I do a podcast on AR-15s. I am not a Sig guy at all, my friend is.

I was able to put close to 100 rounds through the p365. After shooting the S&W, Glock and Walther offerings in the same category... I ordered a P365 from my dealer.

It’s much smaller than my everyday carry. It wasn’t a nightmare to shoot for a guy with bear paws. The extended mag fits my hand perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warboar

uber Member
How does this compare to the P290 as far as size? I know the grip will be wider but overall size is my question. I bought the P290 when they first hit the street before they got all the bad press and changed their trigger to the Re-strike capability. I love my P290 as it's about the smallest over all sized 9mm out there. Mine's a bit chunky though compared to the newer model. Mine is 20 oz. empty with the new one being a few ounces lighter.