Sig-P365

5x10

Retired X-Unit
Forum Supporter
I just came back from the range after cycling another 150+ rounds of 124gr Blazer Brass since I installed the Lightening Strike Products steel striker. Every round feed, fired, ejected. Total number of rounds fired without issue since owning it is now approaching 1K rounds. Accuracy is dead on. Upon examining the five magazines I found no tell tail sign of the trigger spring impacting/scratching the back of the magazine. My son did experienced one failure to lock back on an empty mags, but it never repeated itself. I think he may have rested his thumb on the slide lock. My P365 is a March 2018 production.

DigDugDJ

Very Active Member
Purchased a brand new one the day before yesterday. Took to the range put roughly 200 rounds thru it and compared with my Rami, and my G43. I was very impressed with how accurate and the lack of snap this little gun has. Noticed the firing pin drag on the primer, called sig and the rep said "Its normal for a gun this small". I guess we will see but so far its a keeper!!

Bonez

Las Vegas - Centennial Hills
Thanks for keeping the thread updated; I have been seriously considering one of these to take place of my current CCW, but haven't found anyone with them in stock so I can get some hands on feel for how it fits in my hands. Based on this thread and a bunch of YT videos though it looks awesome.

DiscountGunSource

Experience the DGS Difference
Commercial Sponsor
I have just over 400 rounds through mine and it has been flawless.

There are a few gun stores in town that have these in stock. See the commercial section listings for specifics.

Bonez

Las Vegas - Centennial Hills
Outside of the vague "sometime early 2019" timeframe we heard from the Shot Show YT videos, has anyone got access to a more definitive release date for the P365 w/ ambidextrous safety?

Picked up the M17 From Cabela's, took it home to clean before firing, and the take down lever won't move!
Sending it back to Sig Sauer! They better pay for return shipping, or they will find one PISSED customer!

ZilWin

Obsessed Member
As I recall, the take down level on my new P365 (JAN19 mfg) was VERY stiff when I first cleaned it. I mean I had dents in my thumb trying to get it to rotate. Once I cleaned it up and ran a few mags thru it and cleaned it again it is fine.
Did you call Sig first and ask them about it? Usu. they assign a RA number and a prepaid shipping label.

iweb

Ham Radio Operator
Forum Supporter
My P365 lever was very stiff the first time so I went back and watched a video to make sure I was doing it right so with a little effort got it done.

As I recall, the take down level on my new P365 (JAN19 mfg) was VERY stiff when I first cleaned it. I mean I had dents in my thumb trying to get it to rotate. Once I cleaned it up and ran a few mags thru it and cleaned it again it is fine.
Did you call Sig first and ask them about it? Usu. they assign a RA number and a prepaid shipping label.
Yes, called them, and they tried to tell me to oil it and force it down. Yeah right, it won't go down with all my strength. I said no way! Paying that much for a gun, it is supposed to be right. I also said, " Don't you check out the function of your firearms before you ship them out to the consumer"?
Then, they said they will e- mail me a return shipping label. That was at 7:30 this morning, and still no label yet.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Yes, called them, and they tried to tell me to oil it and force it down. Yeah right, it won't go down with all my strength. I said no way! Paying that much for a gun, it is supposed to be right. I also said, " Don't you check out the function of your firearms before you ship them out to the consumer"?
Then, they said they will e- mail me a return shipping label. That was at 7:30 this morning, and still no label yet.
(poop) happens.
Check your SPAM folder for a label from UPS or FedEx. They end up in Spam/Junk often. If nothing by morning, call them again.

I had to google what an M17 was - I thought it was some new variant of the P365 (the topic of this thread)!! Then I realized, "oh THAT M17!!" :cool: