• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

The CCW waiting game...

SL05H

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
My personal experience.

Get there at 4:50p.m. (10 minutes to closing at 5:00p.m.). Out of there by 5:30p.m.

They want to go home!

Ken
I wonder if they caught onto this...I know someone that just went to renew and they said the people working the windows that issue the tickets will not issue them after 3:30pm anymore.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
started the clock yesterday.

talking with a guy at the station yesterday, times for something submitted now is supposed to be sub 80 days.

that would be end of may.

calmp9

Very Active Member
Went to the Washoe County Sheriff's Office to renew my nonresident permit on April 9. The lady told it's taking 120 days to process the applications. The CCW instructor told us Washoe County is taking 100-120 days. We'll see how this goes. The clock is ticking.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I put mine in for Washoe on Mar 28. Lady date stamped one of my receipts with July 26, 2018, told me they’re running close to 120 days on issuing, and told me don’t bother calling them about status until that date.

calmp9

Very Active Member
I put mine in for Washoe on Mar 28. Lady date stamped one of my receipts with July 26, 2018, told me they’re running close to 120 days on issuing, and told me don’t bother calling them about status until that date.
The lady stamped my certificate and gave it back to me. She said the same thing to me about calling. August 9, 2018.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I told her they need to figure out an expedited process that people can pay for. I would have paid double the renewal fee as a stupid tax on my end for putting it off and screwing myself over the summer.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
bad idea. they punish everyone to make the bucks. even people who weren't stoopid.

I told her they need to figure out an expedited process that people can pay for. I would have paid double the renewal fee as a stupid tax on my end for putting it off and screwing myself over the summer.

Washoe County

Just a suggestion...................

You may want to attend all of the debates and personal appearances of those running for Sheriff and express your displeasure at the wait times.

The bigger crowd, the better.

calmp9

Very Active Member
Yeah, it's more of a pressing issue for residents to get that permit app processed early.

I probably won't be back until the end of August. I should have the permit by then.

I was wrong about the date stamped on the certificate. It's August 8, not August 9.

They rejected my renewal application. Apparently you can't file more than 120 days in advance, and I was 8 days early.

Not in Clark County.

I filed three weeks and 120 days before mine expired last year without a problem.

This is from page 2 of Metros application form.

https://www.lvmpd.com/en-us/Documents/CCW-App-Fillable-5-2016-rev2.pdf

4. RENEWALS
You may begin the renewal process for your permit at any time, but no credit will be provided for unused time. We recommend starting the process 120 days BEFORE the permit expires. This will ensure the continuity of your permit.
Ken

wow..that blows.
What does that mean? Have to resubmit or do you have to take a class over?
He will have to resubmit within his county's 120 day time frame. As posted above, Clark County changed to allow renewing outside of the 120 day limit, but you don't get any credit for the days outside the 120 limit.

calmp9

Very Active Member
They rejected my renewal application. Apparently you can't file more than 120 days in advance, and I was 8 days early.
The sheriff's office shouldn't have even processed the application if it was too early to apply for renewal. They should have not have taken your picture and your fingerprints.