• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

The CCW waiting game...

StarFire

Submitted our renewals on 2/5/18 - issued 4/18/18 - received the 23rd but was probably in my box over the weekend. So 73 days plus time in transit?

We live in Bullhead City, so we can do our apps at the Metro station in Laughlin. Apparently somewhere between here and LV our electronic signatures fell into a black hole, so they called us to come back in last Monday and re-sign. Went right in, no waiting, resigned and left.

The staff there is always great to work with.

StarFire

PS - of NOTE: Our renewal letters STATED that renewals will NOT be accepted more than 120 days early. Not sure if this is a new policy or what.

We actually renewed ours with (in my case) a couple months to spare. Mine didn't expire until July, my spouse's expires the end of May. We had no issues turning them in a little early, but perhaps in the meantime the policy changed?

Finally received my permit from Washoe County. Turned paperwork in on
1-31-18. Permit issued 4-25-18, mailed 4-27-18 , received 4-28-18. Total time 87 days . When I turned in paperwork at the sheriff’s office the lady at the front said to expect around 90 days which was spot on .

plodder

not so noob
Forum Supporter
Finally received my permit from Washoe County. Turned paperwork in on
1-31-18. Permit issued 4-25-18, mailed 4-27-18 , received 4-28-18. Total time 87 days . When I turned in paperwork at the sheriff’s office the lady at the front said to expect around 90 days which was spot on .
I can report almost the identical dates. (Maybe we were in the same CCW class?)

Although less than 90 days sounds pretty good in light of recent history, it is a disgrace and unacceptable that we are required to wait any length of time at all in order to exercise a Constitutional right that is not to be infringed.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I put mine in for Washoe on Mar 28. Lady date stamped one of my receipts with July 26, 2018, told me they’re running close to 120 days on issuing, and told me don’t bother calling them about status until that date.
Washoe County:
Submitted 3/28
Issued 6/25
Rec’d 6/28

Better than nice lady quoted, still way too long to be nekid.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
meant to hit this thread, but got the other a couple weeks ago.

lv.
3/14 paperwork in
6/6 approved
6/14 delivered
3 calendar months door-2-door

calmp9

Very Active Member
Went to the Washoe County Sheriff's Office to renew my nonresident permit on April 9. The lady told it's taking 120 days to process the applications. The CCW instructor told us Washoe County is taking 100-120 days. We'll see how this goes. The clock is ticking.
Washoe County

Submitted 4/9
Issued 7/3
Received 7/5

Total: 85 days