The Official Major League Baseball thread

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
The whole NL West is surprising this year. Okay, not counting the Padres. I guess what's surprising about them is they spent all that money for Eric Hosmer without doing much else to actually seriously contend in that division.

Loving the DamnYankees / Red Sox series. With a slight edge to NY, I don't care much who loses, I just want to see a lot of blood on the ground when it's all over. I've FINALLY conceded the division to them. I still hold out hope that our bad luck slows and we can catch the mediocre Blue Jays and Rays. I'll be in Florida next month and plan to catch the series with the Rays in Tampa. I don't know what all the hullabaloo is about their stadium. I went last summer and thought it was pretty cool. I was there for a game when the Brewers were in town and got to see the Rays lose, even though their reliever Jose Alvarado pitched an immaculate inning in the 9th. I was following the pitch count, after 8 pitches, I jumped up and told my buddies we were about to see an immaculate inning. He pitched a strike and I was screaming "IMMACULATE INNING!" Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. They never said a word about it from the PA. I couldn't believe it.

garand_guy

Obsessed Member
Are there any f-ing SPORTS bars that actually play SPORTS? I can't find one. I realize I may not get sound for the particular game I'm watching, but EVERY SINGLE "SPORTS" bar in town plays MUSIC instead. Even when the only sport going on is a daytime Cubs game, they look at you like you're crazy if you even ask why they play music instead of the sound for the game.
I get CNN and infomercials at mine...

MAC702

Forum Supporter
I was in Phoenix all last week and didn't update regularly. But I'm watching baseball every day. I went to two games while there. The Cardinals were in town on the Tuesday game, and the Padres on the Thursday game, the days before and after the 4th. On Thursday I had nice seats behind home plate, but we actually went to the brewery restaurant over right field. That was a cool experience. A very due Paul Goldschmidt blanked my Beat the Streak again on Thursday. That's usually Mike Trout's job.

Our first game in Philly last week was a microcosm of our season. Cashner tossed a strike. It wasn't even close to the edge. Instead of being called the 3rd strike, K, inning over, the guy walked and the next one hit the homer that put the Phillies on top. They would go on to win by 1 point. I can't wait for the robots to take over. Umps have an awesome union.

Yesterday was cool. The Bronx Bombers could only win half of a doubleheader against the worst team in baseball. I'm pretty sure we Orioles have a better record against the DamnYankees than we do against anyone, and have probably been better against them than most teams this year. I'll take it.

MAC702

Forum Supporter
And the Orioles walk it off against the DamnYankees! That's 2 out of 3 so far, with one more game tomorrow. The DamnYankees couldn't win a series against the worst team in baseball. Manny Machado TWICE tied the game back up with another multi-homer game.

That's our first walk-off win since beating the Twins on Opening Day, when we blew a save and had to play 11.