• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Ultimate Night Vision For Coyote Hunting For Under $100

One Sic Soul

Recently I got the bright idea to come up with a method for coyote hunting at night that will not break the wallet and I finally found something that puts the rest to shame for under $100.

I'm sure some of you have heard of the ND3 Laser (http://www.lasergenetics.com/nd3-laser-designator.aspx) that runs around $330. They claim it works to 250 yards but I have used one them personally and you are lucky to even get the 100 yard range and the output power is 18mW at best. I have done some searching around and found a website called BudgetGadgets.com that sells 50mW and higher metal cased lasers for $39.99 up, and you can get extra rechargeable batteries and a wall charger with it shipped for about $50. I ordered one cause that is a CHEAP price compared to the ND3 and if it didn't perform that well, I would only be out $50. All I can say after it arriving in 12 days from Singapore is WOW!!!! This thing is bright as can be, pops balloons and street lights out like nothing and has a focusable beam so yo can use it as a pin point or flashlight type. I went down to New Frontier Armory last night and picked up a $19 VTac light mount for it and decided to give it a shot on my AR because I was going hunting a few hours later with another member on this forum.

My results: This thing blew the ND3 out of the water. I was able to see 400 yards and beyond as if it were daylight through my Nikon Coyote Special scope. The image was so light up and clear it was extremely easy to spot the animals eyes glowing due to the piercing laser that nearly stunned them from the brightness. We were hunting in freezing weather and this laser performed flawless. The only thing they recommend is you do not run it for longer than 5 minutes at a time which is more than enough time to scan for your target. You only need half of that at most to take a hesitated shot.

So to make a long rant short, buy this thing and you will not be sorry on your night hunts. It will make them much more enjoyable and easier to spot prey even in the extreme distances. Here are some pics along with the link to the laser...

http://www.budgetgadgets.com/focusa...hlight-ag1006-50mw100mw150mw200mw-p-7135.html

Last edited:

One Sic Soul

I don't see why not. I like the push button switch as it is because it's very easy to access and for people like me who use bipods or shooting sticks that don't want to hold down a pressure switch.

thunderkiss

BOOT STOMPIN PREDATORS
This is going to be my next purchase for sure!! I've been looking at the ND3 and ND5. This is a way better option and way way less.

Thanks for the great write up!!

Psywarrior

What strength laser did you get? How well does it perform as a laser sight in the desert daylight? I.E. Is it visible beyond 20' out in the sunlight?

One Sic Soul

I picked up the 50mW as it is more than enough to see for miles. As for daylight, if you have it focused down to a pin point dot you can see it no problem.

STV_Keith

Obsessed Member
I picked up the 50mW as it is more than enough to see for miles. As for daylight, if you have it focused down to a pin point dot you can see it no problem.
Holy crap, 50mw? Wow! My green 12mw was taken off the market, best I can figure, due to being so strong. I can see that one for miles, easy, at night. During the day, it's still vague beyond 50' in bright sunlight.

Gullwing

"Gunsmith"
Staff member
Holy crap, 50mw? Wow! My green 12mw was taken off the market, best I can figure, due to being so strong. I can see that one for miles, easy, at night. During the day, it's still vague beyond 50' in bright sunlight.
12mw is tiny now. I had a 60mw green for a while, dropped it on concrete floor and it broke.

That one I could pop black balloons and it would sting a little on your skin. Even worked great as a flashlight, from across the house I could point it to the side of the refrigerator and light up everything behind it.
If I were to get another I would go for one around 200mw in green.
Don't point any of these at aircraft!
There are other colors also now, yellow, blue, purple...