• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Total insanity!!

Bumper

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
I'm well stocked, but that doesn't mean I saw this coming . . . at least not to the depth and severity we are witnessing. Last time there were shortages but nothing like the folks raiding the shelfs and flipping it on-line. That $1100 (or whatever) for an 8 lb jug of powder on Gunbroker yesterday was astonishing. Made me go check (I have 16 lbs each of the primary pistol and rifle powder I reload - maybe that'll last me through the famine).

TFG5914

NRA /GOA life member
Yes even my go to for place for 6.5 ammo has gone from $ 1.21 to $4.00 per round ....is it ever going to stop?????
Was out at range last week and hard to find spent brass laying around like before

VegasPlinking

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
I spoke to a military & law enforcement ammo distributor today and we had an in depth conversation about current ammo prices. He claimed that our military is stockpiling most of the ammo and eventually even civilian 9mm will go up past $3/round. I hope this isn’t true but he seemed 100% convinced. 😳

Last edited:

totenschadel

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I spoke to a military & law enforcement ammo distributor today and we had an in depth conversation about current ammo prices. He claimed that our military is stockpiling most of the ammo and eventually even civilian 9mm will go up past $3/round. I hope this isn’t true but he seemed 100% convinced. 😳
Last time it was China buying our lead and brass, surge in middle east combat, lead manufacturing shut downs, on and on. Dime a dozen conspiracy theorists makeup interesting folklore out of a simple issue of manufacturing keeping up with supply and demand. Nuff said.

Gullwing

"Gunsmith"
Staff member
The same thing was said last time...what does the military want with #2 steel shot, cause it's out of stock everywhere.
Are they stockpiling it alongside the aluminum case .25 auto and .44 mag?
Why stop production of 9mm which is at beyond full demand to produce 25 acp? Many lesser calibers wont be available for 2 or more years.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Why stop production of 9mm which is at beyond full demand to produce 25 acp? Many lesser calibers wont be available for 2 or more years.
they won't, so good thing I am all stocked up with .25. Not really..💩ha.

nlvmike

Just one more
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
I have a friend that was the GM of a very large recycling company. They have been shredding cars for generations. For decades, most of their shredded metal went by train to foundries in Utah and left as rebar. 5 years ago they got bought by a behemoth, and he told me that every ounce of scrap metal in the US got but on a ship heading to China. They are simply using more metal than we are.

How soon people forget what happened in 2008. lf you've been shooting/reloading since then, and you are ill prepared this time, you have no legit reason to complain.
Unless you where still in "school"... Listening to suicidal tendencies and hed pe telling everyone whats up but they look at you like .... oh yeah a kid. Lmfao grew up in this Pinocchio funland seeing all the jackasses around ....
Bless fellow humans

MET45

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
they won't, so good thing I am all stocked up with .25. Not really..💩ha.
.25 ACP shows up regularly at Bass Pro, and stays on the shelf longer than other calibers. Been able to get max limit each time I have seen it.

MET45

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I'm well stocked, but that doesn't mean I saw this coming . . . at least not to the depth and severity we are witnessing. Last time there were shortages but nothing like the folks raiding the shelfs and flipping it on-line. That $1100 (or whatever) for an 8 lb jug of powder on Gunbroker yesterday was astonishing. Made me go check (I have 16 lbs each of the primary pistol and rifle powder I reload - maybe that'll last me through the famine).
Now if you could only get primers...

This article came out today, it is talking about WA state but multiply that by many states and you can see what is happening. No wonder the manufacturers can't keep up.

The FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NCIS) reported that Washington state has seen the ninth highest increase in guns and ammunition sales in the country in 2020, and that number is continuing to rise in 2021.
In 2020, the state saw a rise in sales by +795%, with 9mm ammo increasing by over 1,377%. The rise in guns and ammo sales has been largely credited to many different variables over the last 16 months, including the pandemic, protests and riots across the country, and a new election.
https://www.khq.com/news/washington...cle_3bb5f534-74a1-11eb-8cf4-67ebd52e567f.html

bob