• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Toyota 4 runner or Subaru

Just an Average Joe

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Damn that is a NICE 4runner Aswild!

Always wanted something like that but I like to drive fast so I always end up spending my money on sports cars.

How much $$ did you sink into aftermarket mods?

Aswild

Damn that is a NICE 4runner Aswild!

Always wanted something like that but I like to drive fast so I always end up spending my money on sports cars.

How much $$ did you sink into aftermarket mods?
Well I gott lucky and found it all ready set up how I wanted it the guy I got it from was having to down size an I have a Fj all ready and wanted a 4 runner as well. I did not have to do anything but drive an got it for less then a new one with only 25000 miles on it

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I just went through the 4Runner vs Subaru question a few months back. Many variables about keeping my current truck, buying a new one, getting a 4Runner, or an Outback.

The new vehicle would be going to my oldest boy when he goes off to Flag or Reno in a handful of years, and I was more concerned about snow than off-roading for this particular vehicle. Finally, I was able to get a much better discount through a national broker on the Outback than the 4Runner. When the boy goes off to school, I'll be picking up a new Tundra for myself.

So far the Outback is peachy. Forgot what having a hatch was like. Use it for commuting and random things and my old truck for 'truck' things :)

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Subaru Ascent, at least 12 weeks out, Toyota 4Runner not 8 passenger. Ended up buying a 2019 Honda Pilot....... It's primarily the wife's vehicle, but it seems like it will get us though the mountains durring the winter without any issues.

vegasplinker

I don't dial 911
We got our ascent in February, took on a 1500 mile after we picked it up from the credit union. Great car, so far. Two snow storms, never a problem. The factory tires leave a lot to be desired.

Lrh502

Just got my TRD wheels and side steps installed on my 4Runner TRD OffRoad. This is my first 4WD vehicle. Had a 2004 Tacoma (bought in 2004) and it made me a Toyota loyalist. I got a 4WD 4Runner because I want some off road capability for when I move to a more rural location/SHTF considerations. It still has the stock tires on it- I am not doing any hardcore 4 wheeling right now. At the latest, when this set of tires is due for replacement I will get a much more aggressive off road tread tire.
IMG_20190608_075351.jpg IMG_20190608_075340.jpg