• Become a Nevada Shooters Forum Supporter!
    Click HERE for details!

trigger safety Tokarev

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Which Tokarev? There are a number of different Tokarevs to be had, all interesting guns for sure.

Several models had to have safeties installed before being allowed into the country, pretty much all of them had some problem or another, and all also pretty much made a poor trigger worse.

They can be smoothed up, safeties can be made to function properly, but it takes a gunsmith with an intimate knowledge of each particular model of Tokarev to do it correctly.

Which Tokarev? There are a number of different Tokarevs to be had, all interesting guns for sure.

Several models had to have safeties installed before being allowed into the country, pretty much all of them had some problem or another, and all also pretty much made a poor trigger worse.

They can be smoothed up, safeties can be made to function properly, but it takes a gunsmith with an intimate knowledge of each particular model of Tokarev to do it correctly.
I am specifically looking 4 the model with the Glock like trigger safety. Not the ones w/ safety on slide or frame.

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Ahhh, the Zastava M57, which is a more or less clone of the Tokarev TT33, but with a longer grip and a 9 round magazine, which by the way can be hard to find, and most of these shipped with only one magazine. Some of these were modified with a glock style trigger safety dingus, but not all were so modified.

Classic Arms was the major importer of these as I recall.

I haven't heard of any recent imports of them with this style of safety, and most who got one soon swapped in the original trigger to get a slightly better trigger pull.