TRP....GTG?

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I've had nothing but crap luck with 1911's. The last was a brand spankin new Kimber desert warrior. Sold it at a $500 loss. Bought my first G17 and never looked back. I'd really like to add an 1911 to the collection, I've got a deal setup to buy an TRP selling here.

All I'd like is for the damn thing to go bang 💥 when I take it out. What say you gunslingers here ? Go or Not.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
Never had a TRP, but have two other Springfields and no issues with either. Another higher end 1911 no issues other than the mags not locking back the slide.
But if there is an issue, shouldn't be too difficult to get it corrected.

have 2 TRPS; both function flawlessly
re the slide not locking back; have seen that on several different 1911s; is always a mag follower issue

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
have 2 TRPS; both function flawlessly
re the slide not locking back; have seen that on several different 1911s; is always a mag follower issue
Funny thing is, the Kimber mags wont lock back the kimber slide, but will lock back the Springfield. The Springfield mags lock back both the Springfield and Kimber.

titanNV

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I haven't had the TRP. I did have a Springfield 1911 (made in Brazil) a few years back that ran without a hiccup. (In fact, even my Rock Island 45s have ran flawless.)
Hope that helps!

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Thanks for your opinions. I guess my next post will be my impression on the rig.

On those RIA's, everything I've read says these are great 1911's. There's a newish store on Lossee Road not far from the house. I should have made the trip and had a look. Probably could have bought two. No denying the TRP is a looker, at least imho.

I have 3 Springfield 1911's a "loaded", a Champion Operator and a TRP Operator.
I really don't use the factory mags, I use Wilson combat mags (47D) and I've never had any problems. I've actually bought a lot on ebay

just my 2 cents on the subject.

Ricci

uber Member
Forum Supporter
I've heard good things about the TRP line. The only Springfield 1911 I've shot was a professional. It was was pretty nice and very tight out of the box. Post pic's if you get it please.

titanNV

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Mine was a "loaded" as well.
Bought it via this forum and I believe I sold it on the forum as well. I sure miss it...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ricci

uber Member
Forum Supporter
Regrettably the Professional is more than I can afford and it came out after I had the other ones.
They are spendy for sure. One nice thing about them is they come with a whole gang of mags much like the Supergrades. The one I shot had a stock trigger @4.5lbs which is about a pound above my comfort zone. All of my "active" 1911's have been worked to 3.5lbs.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I did the deal and it sure is a solid feeling rig. Love that it comes with nite sites. going to take it out Sunday and give it a beatin and see how it does. Nice and aggressive in the hand with the checkering. I'll post up after. Sorry no pics but I'll work on it.

I'm sure you will really enjoy shooting the TRP, it's really a bunch of steps above the standard production guns that are available. Can't wait to hear your shooting day

TexasJackKin

Longing to Breath Free
Forum Supporter
My TRP has about 4K rounds though it without an issue of any sort. I've replaced the sear, hammer, and disconector, to get the trigger just where I wanted it. But it has been 100% reliable, one of my favorites.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I still haven't had time to get it out, I have several guns that need getting out so probably this weekend I'll get it done.

I just had my TRP out today for CCW qualifying. They are awesome guns. I will say you should invest in the Wilson Combat mag’s that were mentioned above. I don’t use any othe mag’s but the WC’s. Since using them, I have no issues with my Kimber or my TRP.

Facejackets

Low Speed High Drag
A little late to the party, however, I LOVE my TRP. It was a bucketlist gun for me. I am praying they release one in 9mm so I have an excuse to get a second one.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I finally got it out, ran maybe 70 rounds down the pipe. It ate everything and thru every mag I fed it including some gangter cheapie 12 rounders, Colt WWll, Wilson & a few no name don't know where I got'em and the stock mags. Also accurate as all get out too.

Finally, we have a winner, still like my G21 mo better.

totenschadel

Forum Supporter
My Springer stainless A-1, TRP and Ruger SR1911 are all flawlessly functioning. Funny only 1911's Ive personally had issues with are Kimbers. Not to bash any brand but faulty Kimbers have just been MY experience.