Truck Gun

Insurance. The Tavor fits very nicely, but I am going to swap it out for an AR pistol. The barrel length will be shorter, with a similar overall size. I am just looking at the cost of the weapon in the vehicle, which is being beat up.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
An AR, Glock 19 and a Sig 938, in an underseat Tuffy lock-box.
The Glock, because sometimes I forget to pack a gun in Winter, the Sig for warm weather and the AR because it's cool and will fit in the box. Also, a bunch of mags and a ton of ammo for them.

Last edited:

LASCHRIS

Life is hard enough. It's harder when your stupid
mosin nagaut M-44. With that, there is always the spirit of the bayonet! Active shooter/sniper engaging me. 999% it will never happen.

Mr. B

Obsessed Member
If you are looking at a truck/trunk AR, this might give you some ideas...
https://www.overtdefense.com/2018/06/25/usafs-new-gau-5a-aircrew-self-defense-weapon/

I used to carry a Spanish Mauser in my truck's toolbox - it was my first gun, and was less than $100, so I didn't worry too much about it getting rusty or slammed around in the tool box. Stopped doing that after pulling it out after a very wet year, and having to spend a lot of time on rust removal.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
It varies depending on whatever was handy to get put in there for a time, at the time. It is currently my long-tube Benelli Super Nova with a dozen 00-buck loads in the magazine.

WHY? Because if you have to go to the truck to get a gun, you'd better be coming back with something bigger than a handgun.

Warboar

uber Member
I don't keep firearms in my vehicles unless I am going shooting. Excluding my CCW since I carry that on my person.

I had a vehicle broken into and i've had a vehicle stolen since living here in Las Vegas. The last thing I would want is to have someone steal a gun and then it's used in a murder or other violent crime.

Earthquake

Obsessed Member
8mm Turkish Mauser with the barrel cut to 17", stock fitted with a recoil pad and cut down, drilled and tapped for 4x scope and a Bold trigger. It kicks like a mule and will keep 5 round on a paper plate at 100yds, its about as "Stone AX" reliable as you can get.. Its ugly but it will get the job done.

Casey

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
I don't keep firearms in my vehicles...
It's a valid concern for vehicles, and for homes. All things must be taken into consideration. Are there markings on the home or vehicle that indicate gun ownership, or are things visible in the vehicle that indicate the possible presence of firearms? How well does the home or vehicle lock or alarm? More murders are done with hammers than rifles, according to the FBI. I'm not going to overly fret about a hammer being stolen, but I don't keep them easy to steal, either. The bad guy is still the bad guy.

Gunhand

Firearms Instructor
Since the San Bernardino terrorist attack, I started carrying a Sig 556 xi pistol with KAK Industries Shockwave blade in my vehicle. I went with the Sig because with a 10.5 inch barrel, and a piston driven gun. it folds up and stows in a small day pack. With three loaded extra magazines in a bug-out sling carrier, it gives me a lot of fire power. I just installed a Dead Foot Arms folding brace system on my Springfield Armory Saint pistol. With it's 8.5 inch barrel, and the ability to fold up, it makes even a smaller package. I just haven't had it to the range yet to check the reliability with the Dead Foot folder.

It's a valid concern for vehicles, and for homes. All things must be taken into consideration. Are there markings on the home or vehicle that indicate gun ownership, or are things visible in the vehicle that indicate the possible presence of firearms? How well does the home or vehicle lock or alarm? More murders are done with hammers than rifles, according to the FBI. I'm not going to overly fret about a hammer being stolen, but I don't keep them easy to steal, either. The bad guy is still the bad guy.
I don't have a single sticker or marking on any of my vehicles or home that would give someone an idea that I have anything they want. I learned a long time ago when I worked at my Uncle's body shop. Any one that would have a bumper sticker of their favorite team and went to a game would have someone who would vandalize their car. That has made me not want to put anything on any of my cars.