• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Upland Bird & Predator Hunting Spots Around Clark County?

Bohemian

Obsessed Member
Anybody spy or hear of any Upland Bird & or Predator, Feral Hog, Rabbit etc., Hunting Spots Around Clark County in the last few weeks?

All the Quail & Chukar seem to be where you can't shoot them...
The Entire Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area (RRCNCA)

Ditto for the Desert National Wildlife Refuge (NWR)...

HA-Y-N 702

We should get a little group together, gather all the info we can, and do some snoopin' around ourselves. I'm on a couple of other forums that do some serious fun hunting! We gotta get our own little band of marauders going! What say? :ihih:

BTW, I got 'yotes running around my neighborhood. All I need for them to do is start running around the legal shooting areas away from the neighborhoods, or maybe I'll just put 'em down with my Hoyt Trykon out of a ground blind!

Last edited by a moderator:

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
From what little I have done thus far...Red Rock area is bad. I head out towards Mesquite. Many fine areas out there.
Another spot that is highly over hunted is out towards Jean. IMHO.

Bohemian

Obsessed Member
We should get a little group together, gather all the info we can, and do some snoopin' around ourselves. I'm on a couple of other forums that do some serious fun hunting! We gotta get our own little band of marauders going! What say? :ihih:

BTW, I got 'yotes running around my neighborhood. All I need for them to do is start running around the legal shooting areas away from the neighborhoods, or maybe I'll just put 'em down with my Hoyt Trykon out of a ground blind!
Just need that silencer for them in town 'yotes... :2guns:

I would be interested in some hunting posse's too...

icode

Obsessed Member
We had a group hunt a while back. I went out on the scouting trip but was unable to make the actual hunt. I'm game for doing it again. I've located what I think is a pretty good spot since the last time, I've even seen a yote out there.

Getz

thats the gun I have.....too light or too heavy for yote....so I guess I can't join the group.

Bohemian

Obsessed Member
thats the gun I have.....too light or too heavy for yote....so I guess I can't join the group.
Shot Placement matters most...

what kind of .22 rifle do you have? I took many a coyote with the Ruger 10-22 when I was a kid.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/products/1022/index.html

also there is a gun show this weekend here in vegas, you might find a smoking deal on a .223 or 7.62x39 something or another that will do even better...

you could also run some light loads in the 30-06 as well...

Getz

I have Winchester wildcat bolt action...
Okey, I will use .22 or .17 HMR then. 30-06 kinda expensive ammo & no return

markerdown

Vires quod Veneratio
You are gonna have to travel a bit for upland. Searchlight, xmax tree pass or up 93 to Kane Springs for quail or chukkar and hunt the guzzlers...........markerdown

FranklinQuaker

northwest killer whale
im in...i have a settle to score with wiley..got a rifle just for that purpose:coolgleamA:. waited 6 months from dti to receive the rifle kit but i feel it was worth the wait.

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
im in...i have a settle to score with wiley..got a rifle just for that purpose:coolgleamA:. waited 6 months from dti to receive the rifle kit but i feel it was worth the wait.
now I am curious, what score do you have to settle? They get your chickens or something?

I am not allowed to hunt yotes. Wife said if she finds out I got one I am next, lol. I am pleased to say she is a crack shot too.

FranklinQuaker

northwest killer whale
now I am curious, what score do you have to settle? They get your chickens or something?

I am not allowed to hunt yotes. Wife said if she finds out I got one I am next, lol. I am pleased to say she is a crack shot too.
chickens? nope. hehe, funny. i wish it was on a farm so i could hunt their entire pack. wiley n friends decided to make our dog thanksgiving dinner last year. now it is time to get more than even:hurray:. plus, i would like to help make the population of coyotes near las vegas know that its not a good idea to mess with humans.:ack2:

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
chickens? nope. hehe, funny. i wish it was on a farm so i could hunt their entire pack. wiley n friends decided to make our dog thanksgiving dinner last year. now it is time to get more than even:hurray:. plus, i would like to help make the population of coyotes near las vegas know that its not a good idea to mess with humans.:ack2:
Small dog I am guessing? Sorry to hear about that. We do have yotes all over this valley though. Hell I had a small den of them behind a condo I had several years ago. Now I am in the NW and have called them a few times just to see what and how many I can get. Had a few show and the ones that did you could tell were very smart. Just how they showed up, totally not the way any other critter would. It was impressive.

markerdown

Vires quod Veneratio
Urban coyotes are just about fearless. Ever wonder why you see so many missing dog/cats signs stuck on mailboxes? They are in just about every subdivision nightly snacking on cats and wayward dogs. My wife had her cat ate when we were at Edwards AFB. Heck, I had yotes sitting in my front lawn watching traffic.

I had 2 quartering in after my female GSP in a vacant desert lot right on Craig Rd near the golf course. They had no fear of me and were intent on making her their dinner.

I now alway pack a sidearm while in the desert or out with my dogs and will terminate a yote with extreme prejudice if the opportunity presents itself. ................markerdown

FranklinQuaker

northwest killer whale
yeah...i've read of a few even attacking adult humans and a bunch of children mauled. yotes are overpopulated and i also see them,, in most of the golf courses i've played, lookin for the rabbits. i even saw a yote with a rabbit in its mouth while in dallas,tx. playin golf in the late afternoon.

markerdown

Vires quod Veneratio
No, but they were damn close. She didn't know they were trailing her, she was heading back to me. I had my old large male leashed, he saw them and was going nuts, I was throwing anything I could get my hands on at them. They had no fear of me. I was one RCH away from turning the male loose and using my spyderco in a head on charge as a last resort. I now carry my 1911 :boom:. I called animal control to report the incident. I would have been better off with Barney Fife.............markerdown

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
I called animal control to report the incident. I would have been better off with Barney Fife.............markerdown
Animal Control is a joke. No offense to anyone here if they are in fact a ACO. I have had a couple of occurances with them and well it is like watching a couple of monkeys hump a football. Entertaining to a point but then you just wonder WTF. LOL.

meancoyote

below the ponds at cold creek holds some ok cotton tail hunting. There are a few good spots around Indian Springs, but I dont feel like announcing them in public....northern spring mts. (mt Stirling area) has a few guzzlers that chukkar hang around, except during season.