Urban Carry Total Concealment Holster: Thoughts?

b0neZ

skinny dude
Not quite sure what to make of this one. In seems like a good idea in theory, but it looks like the only way you can draw from it is in a standing position.

Discuss.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7-hcS5hpMCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Remind me about the tactical advantages of concealed carry again...

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I don't think I want a full size handgun that deep in my pants. Standing might be tolerable but seated offers to many problems to deal with especially in a stress filled crisis situation. My Crossbreed does everything I need very well.

Felid'Maximus

Beware of Cat
Forum Supporter
I think I prefer my 5.11 undershirt with the armpit holster.
I don't use my 5.11 holster shirt because running has caused every gun I've put in it to fall out.

I plan to try mine with a pair of PMR-30's and see if it will hold them. I figure the combination of light weight and large surface area maximizes the odds of retention. [PMR-30 is a full size gun that weighs 20 ounces fully loaded.]

But even my Beretta Tomcat flops out if I sprint. It could be because the smallest size they have is too big for me. I guess the shirt has to fit really tight to have retention.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Guy on FB had a video converted to gif, if you pull the holster up too fast the gun can flop straight out. Beyond that potential, I don't like setups that require two hands to draw. (Yes, I know there are videos showing one handed draws, but not really confidence inspiring. Also doesn't look fat guy friendly.

b0neZ

skinny dude
Glad to know others think as I do about this.

Now that y'all have posted, here's why I started the thread:

I was cruising the interwebz looking at deep concealment options for a BUG (nothing larger than an LCR), and of course saw the Thunderwear and its ilk. Among those seen was this product.

Being tall and lanky, obviously carry options are limited. This one, on its face, looked intriguing. The more I looked at it and the product videos though, something just didn't look right with it.

Hence my posting here with minimal supplied information to see if others saw what I did.

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
Lets face it that no matter what method you decide to carry your gun in it is not going to be uber comfy. Lot of people and companies come out with crap every year or two and 95% of it doesn't work in the real world. I carry a few different ways but the most comfortable for me and has been for years is still a MTAC holster used on my strong side.

Holsters and other modes of carry are like any other product in life. The makers don't care if you use/like the product or throw it in your closet, they made their money.

Paulie

All the options out there--- SO CONFUSING. I have found my Levi jacket inside pocket has worked the best for winter carry. It really is comfortable and with the strap I had the wife sew on it, the firearm stays put. During summer, being an old guy, I wear a sports coat. It has an inside pocket that holds all my carry firearms just right.....

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
I don't use my 5.11 holster shirt because running has caused every gun I've put in it to fall out.

But even my Beretta Tomcat flops out if I sprint. It could be because the smallest size they have is too big for me. I guess the shirt has to fit really tight to have retention.
That's odd. I hardly ever meet someone skinnier than me. Mine fits snugly, and actually took some getting used to wearing something that snug. I use it with my SAI XD-S subcompact .45. I had a seamstress friend modify mine to actually hold the gun higher into my armpit because I felt the pocket was too deep.

Sprinting, though? One of the reasons I carry a gun is because I'm too old to want to run anymore. :D

garand_guy

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Appendix carry does not work for fat guys. I have to wear pants two sizes too big to conceal a double stack. I can't imagine getting my original CC gun, my Glock 19, down the front of my pants.

Bonez

Las Vegas - Centennial Hills
Bringing an ancient thread back to life!
Though I prefer traditional style holsters, I like to learn from others experiences. Now that the Urban Carry G2 holsters have been around a while and seem to get decent reviews has anyone actually tried one of these or ever seen one?