• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

USPSA Matches Dayton?

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
Are there any regular USPSA matches in the Dayton area? Will be moved into the area at the end of July or the first part of August. It will take a bit to get settled in, but then I'll want to get back to shooting USPSA matches.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
Thanks, looks like Fallon, will work better for me. Doesn't mean I wouldn't get up to the Reno matches now and then! It looks like they also have bowling pin matches now and then, never done it, but it looks like fun!

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
There is also idpa at the carson city range twice a month the second and fourth sunday of the month including this sunday 7/22

https://sites.google.com/site/idpacarsoncitynv/home
Thanks for that, we're still in the process of moving, have spent a few nights at the new place, but still have details to take care of at the old place, so we're doing the back and forth thing. Once we get settled in, and catch our breath, I may just have to look into that....Thanks again!

Seems to me like PSA matches are impractical. I went to a match after being away from it for years and it seems to have changed even more from the original concept. I am sure it still has value and I know the gamers vs the more practical oriented was a problem from the start but still.....

Ramone

Obsessed Member
Seems to me like PSA matches are impractical. I went to a match after being away from it for years and it seems to have changed even more from the original concept. I am sure it still has value and I know the gamers vs the more practical oriented was a problem from the start but still.....
I take it you are referring to USPSA matches. Yes, they left reality a long time ago, in the 90s, when guys started adding optics to their pistols. Also, the equipment race made the cost of getting into the game prohibitive for many people. Third, the spectacle of carnival shooting, as most USPSA matches are, may be okay for trigger time and pistol-handling prowess, but they do little for the average CCW holder who needs to spend time behind his carry pistol because the game will NOT accommodate his equipment. IDPA may be better for this purpose, but then guys complain about the RULES! in IDPA. Pick your poison. There are no winners here.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
I take it you are referring to USPSA matches. Yes, they left reality a long time ago, in the 90s, when guys started adding optics to their pistols. Also, the equipment race made the cost of getting into the game prohibitive for many people. Third, the spectacle of carnival shooting, as most USPSA matches are, may be okay for trigger time and pistol-handling prowess, but they do little for the average CCW holder who needs to spend time behind his carry pistol because the game will NOT accommodate his equipment. IDPA may be better for this purpose, but then guys complain about the RULES! in IDPA. Pick your poison. There are no winners here.
All true, but there are classes you can compete in, with what ever pistol you own. It's great practice, and great trigger time, shooting and moving, shooting and moving..... You don't have to be competitive to have a lot of fun shooting in the matches. Production, and Limited, allow (require) guns with little or no modification. It's great practice for anyone that owns a handgun!