• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Utah mule deer hunt

HOGNUTS

Obsessed Member
Heading up to Utah for a Muled Deer hunt. We are going up next Friday...season opens on saturday....hopefully pics to follow.....:glare: gonna try out the DPMS 6.5 creedmoor as a hunting rifle....also packing a 30/30 marlin for a brush gun....we shall see how it goes!!!

iweb

Ham Radio Operator
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Good luck! Where in Utah is your hunt?

I have property in Duck Creek and had wild turkeys, does and fawns, a big 5x5 buck, and a forked horn buck eat every day from a food block we put out about 20 feet from the front deck where we sit and have coffee! No hunting there but cool to see.

HOGNUTS

Obsessed Member
hunt

Hell ya. Hopefully I will be coming home with a monster mulie! It is going to be good just to be out there though. I will be JUST outside payson up on mt. Nebo. We are going to pack in about 5 miles...hopefully get away from crowds

HOGNUTS

Obsessed Member
mmmmm elk steaks!

There is nothing like an elk steak and potatoes after a long day of shooting! (Fried in bacon grease). Damn that's good stuff!

HOGNUTS

Obsessed Member
Happy hunting

I know I will have a good hunt...haven't had a bad one yet:thumbup1:

I may even get to harvest an animal!

HOGNUTS

Obsessed Member
Mother Nature won this round!

Here are some pics from the utah hunt, we did not harvest a buck up there, the only one we saw was in someone's yard right in town in Payson. We saw a lot of other hunters and we got rained on...pretty miserable weather...still to get out and see the country though....

A bad day of hunting is still WAY BETTER than a good day of working!!!