Went to renew my CCW

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I don't mind the "mother may I " or a few bucks, but the legislature gave law enforcement the power to backgreound check all the applicants, when they present you with the waiver, they demand you give them everything, I think I will have a page missing when I apply. I also smell the sheriff and chiefs assoc. more than I do local police depts.
Do you believe that by keeping the page out of you application that will stop metro from doing whatever they wish? I’m guessing they will either

A) run the checks they would have in any case

Or

B) kick the application back for being incomplete.

Just my $0.02 but if you’re going to fight the system be sure to turn in a complete application. Line out what you do not consent to, initial those, sign the page, and add an addendum to your aplication. (Or something along those lines, IANAL). If you give them an incomplete application by leaving a page out you give them a convenient reason to deny the application that I would expect to stand in any court because it was incomplete.

If option A occurs how would you know? Is it possible to research how extensively the CCW division actually performed their check?

Do you believe that by keeping the page out of you application that will stop metro from doing whatever they wish? I’m guessing they will either

A) run the checks they would have in any case

Or

B) kick the application back for being incomplete.

Just my $0.02 but if you’re going to fight the system be sure to turn in a complete application. Line out what you do not consent to, initial those, sign the page, and add an addendum to your aplication. (Or something along those lines, IANAL). If you give them an incomplete application by leaving a page out you give them a convenient reason to deny the application that I would expect to stand in any court because it was incomplete.

If option A occurs how would you know? Is it possible to research how extensively the CCW division actually performed their check?
This is exactly the kind of feedback I have been looking for. I have considered several approaches, You have a great point about the incomplete packet, It is also a fact that they may decide to "lose" my application, it seems the legislature has paved the way for that:

NRS 202.3683  Immunity of state and local governments from civil liability.  The State or any political subdivision of the State, the Department, a sheriff, law enforcement agency, firearm safety or training instructor or any other person who, in good faith and without gross negligence, acts pursuant to the provisions of NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, is immune from civil liability for those acts. Such acts include, but are not limited to, the receipt, review or investigation of an application for a permit, the certification of a retired law enforcement officer, or the issuance, denial, suspension, revocation or renewal of a permit.

As the days tick by and I don't apply it might be that I just OC and refuse to embellish their oppression and control.

Ramone

Obsessed Member
I understand your trepidation about the intrusive questions. But we do have a Shall Issue system. If you can legally purchase a firearm, you will be issued a CCW permit. Complete all paperwork as requested and turn it in. Yes, Open Carry is okay, but the discretion of concealed carry is a better option in most social situations. Also, and this is pure speculation, in the case of a riot or insurrection in an urban area, the authorities will ban open carry but allow a concealed weapon with a permit. It is good to be prepared for this contingency. Meanwhile, yes, as stated above, we need Constitutional Carry in Nevada, but do not hold your breath. When the 2019 Legislature convenes, we will be fighting for our rights.

It's no secret Democrats were going to make a major push for gun control when/if Hillary won, but what came to light during the Gorsuch nominee process was Feinstein saying she couldn't vote for him because he didn't believe the Constitution was a "Living Document."

That's liberal speak for, "That damn Constitution keeps getting in the way of our agenda and must be changed/abolished."

Make no mistake. All elections matter, even local ones. If Democrats get a two-thirds majority in Congress, they WILL abolish or change the 2nd Amendment, and be able to override a Presidential Veto. If you don't think that can happen you don't know how Congress REALLY works.

While you hear Candidates talk about changing Washington, what really happens if they get elected is, they are told to "sit down, shut up, vote the way we tell you to vote or we'll make sure you are never reelected. We'll even run someone against you to remove you from office."

Remember when NOT ONE single Democrat voted for the IRS Tax Cut? Schumer/Pelosi put out the Command. What the voters want doesn't matter, Schumer/Pelosi run the show and you better do what they say. So if they get a big majority in both houses, the Command will be given to vote against the 2nd.

And if that's not bad enough, Pelosi made it clear they WILL end your IRS Tax Cut.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...o-raise-taxes-if-we-retake-the-house-n2478607

Attachments

Last edited:
If Democrats get a two-thirds majority in Congress, they WILL abolish or change the 2nd Amendment, and be able to override a Presidential Veto. If you don't think that can happen you don't know how Congress REALLY works.
Just to clarify:
The president is not involved in the amendment process in any way and neither are the courts. It is a purely legislative process.
After passage in both houses by the aforementioned two thirds vote the amendment is then sent to all 50 state legislatures where 3/4 of them must ratify. That means only 13 states are needed to block.
While the threats to our gun rights are constant and SERIOUS, the repeal of the 2nd amendment will NEVER happen thankfully.

Last edited:
I understand your trepidation about the intrusive questions. But we do have a Shall Issue system. If you can legally purchase a firearm, you will be issued a CCW permit. Complete all paperwork as requested and turn it in. Yes, Open Carry is okay, but the discretion of concealed carry is a better option in most social situations. Also, and this is pure speculation, in the case of a riot or insurrection in an urban area, the authorities will ban open carry but allow a concealed weapon with a permit. It is good to be prepared for this contingency. Meanwhile, yes, as stated above, we need Constitutional Carry in Nevada, but do not hold your breath. When the 2019 Legislature convenes, we will be fighting for our rights.
The only way to excersise your right in Nevada is open carry. Paying and applying for a permit (permission slip is not excercising a right.) I still have not been able to submit myself to draconian scrutiny... I may lose some of the convenience of CCW, but How would I expect the Govt. not to infringe, If I am willing to pay, and enable them to do it?