• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What is the AK-74 compensator body/adapter?

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
For the Romanian AK-74 in my collection, I would like to put the typical compensator on it instead of the slant brake like I have on my Norinco AKM. I'm looking at this page at Numrich Arms, and in all my Googling, I can't seem to figure out if it is all I need, or what the adapter is.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/462210

Gullwing

"Gunsmith"
Staff member
Quick google search for compensator adapter shows some adapters for AK without threaded barrels, I would also guess there are several different types of threads out there.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Quick google search for compensator adapter shows some adapters for AK without threaded barrels, I would also guess there are several different types of threads out there.
What is your search term? Or can you post a link to your results? All I get are things that have nothing to do with my application.

Is your barrel threaded?
Good question. I assumed it was. It has the plunger that holds on what looks like a thread protector, but I can't turn in off with normal force, either right or left. I've not yet put it in a barrel vise until I do some more research. I was remembering it like the slant brake on my AKM but it's not.